Medallion Bracelet and Earrings
The beaded medallion on this bracelet from Katie Hacker, made from purple glass and seed beads, makes this a creative and unique project.
- .015 diameter bright Beadalon 49 Most Flexible Beading Wire
- One 8mm firepolish purple glass bead
- 84 size 6/0 assorted purple seed beads
- Four 6mm silver spacer beads
- Six 2mm silver crimp tubes
- Silver toggle clasp
- Desginer Crimper
- Nipper tool
- Two 6mm firepolish purple glass beads
- 8 size 6/0 assorted purple seed beads
- Two 6mm silver spacer beads
- Two 2" silver head pins
- 2 silver ear wires
- Beadstorm™ Round Nose Pliers
- Beadstorm™ Chain Nose Pliers
- Nipper tool
- String two 6/0 beads, a spacer and two 6/0 beads onto an eye pin. Use round nose pliers to make a loop. Cut off any extra wire. Make another matching beaded eye pin. For the last pin, string beads as follows: two 6/0 beads, spacer, 8mm bead, spacer, two 6/0 beads. Set them aside for Step 3.
- Cut two 8 1/2" lengths of Beadalon 49 Most Flexible beading wire. Hold the strands together and string a crimp tube 1/2" from one end. Place the end through half of the clasp and back into the crimp tube. Use a crimping tool to crimp it.
- Hold the strands together and string 18 size 6/0 beads. Separate the strands and string five 6/0 beads onto each strand. String one end of a short beaded pin onto each strand, then string four 6/0 beads. String one end of a long beaded pin onto each strand, then string four 6/0 beads. String the last short pin, then string five more 6/0 beads.
- Hold the strands together and string 18 size 6/0 beads. Use crimp tubes to attach the clasp as in Step 1.
For each earring:
- String a firepolish bead, a spacer and four 6/0 beads onto a head pin. Use round nose pliers to make a loop above the top bead. Cut off any extra wire and attach the beaded head pin to an ear wire.
Tip: Follow the instructions on the crimp tool package to crimp the crimp beads or tubes.