Looking for yarn craft ideas that doesn't involve a hook or needle? Repurpose an old glass vase and turn it into a Yarn Vase from Heidi Borchers! Use fun colors and alternate yarn weights to create a piece that stands out from the pack.
- Glass jar or vase
- Aleene’s Tacky Double-Stick Sheets
- Flat-backed marbles
- Cut your Tacky Sheets into strips.
- Remove the top liner paper…
- …and place sticky side down on glass. Repeat to cover entire glass.
- Remove bottom liner from one section at a time revealing sticky dry adhesive.
- Select your favorite yarns! Cool colors and textures are perfect for this project!
- Place end of yarn into sticky adhesive and begin wrapping around glass.
- Cut yarn where desired and start next color.
- On this project, I also added flat backed marbles to the glass. Just press the flat side firmly into the dry adhesive.
- I love the look of this pom-pom yarn!
- I cut and added extra pom-poms in between.
- Here’s a close-up look! Notice that you can have fun with your yarn by wrapping in a squiggle pattern around the marbles and I also added a row of looped yarn towards the bottom and along the top.
For a comprehensive video tutorial, check out How to Cover a Glass Vase with Yarn.
Read NextFabric Scraps Chicken Wall Art