Easy T-Shirt Pillows
Do you have a lot of old t-shirts laying around? Have you ever thought to make a pillow out of a t-shirt you don't wear anymore? Well this simple tutorial will show you just how to do that so you won't have to donate your favorite tee's!
- T-shirt, washed and pressed
- Quilter’s ruler
- Rotary cutter with cutting mat
- Standard sewing supplies
- Polyester fiberfill
- Compass (only for round pillows)
- Place the T-shirt, right side out, face up on the cutting mat.
- With rotary cutter and quilter’s ruler, cut out the shirt’s graphic, leaving about 3-1/2 in. on all sides, making sure you cut through the shirt’s front and back layers. (To make a round pillow, use a compass to draw the cutting outline.)
- Put front and back pieces together, right sides facing.
- Pin in place.
- With a straight stitch and a 1/2-in. seam allowance, sew along edges. Leave a 3-in. opening to turn pillow through.
- Turn right side out and stuff with fiberfill. Sew closed.
Read NextT-shirt Yarn Dreamcatcher