Decorate for Halloween with a cheesecloth mummy family, another one of those simple Halloween crafts from Maria Nerius that you just have to try yourself!
- Forster Peg style doll clothespins with stand
- Forster craft sticks
- Sharp scissors
- White paint and paint brush
- 4-6mm Wiggly eyes
- Optional Embellishments: charms, leaf beads, raffia
- Adhere peg clothespin to the wood stand and trim craft sticks to 1 3/4" length, glue one trimmed craft stick to each side of mummy for arms. Then paint white. Allow to dry. You want good coverage so a second basecoat might be needed.
- Cut cheese cloth into 1/2” strips. Wrap mummy from top to bottom. Use glue to adhere raw ends of the cheese cloth, continue to wrap until you are happy with the look of your mummy.
- Adhere eyes to head. You can tie on a leaf bead or Halloween charm to an arm if you like.
- Baby: Trim craft stick to 2 1/2". Slit a craft stick in half vertically and trim to to 1” for the baby mummy’s arms. Glue arms to side of stick about 1/4" down from top. Paint white. Wrap as you did for other mummies.
- You can add a bow or 4mm eyes to the baby. And the baby seems to allows stay if you place it in the Mommy mummy’s arms!