Pumpkin Orange Doughnut Beads
The month of October is a perfect time to try new and creative Halloween craft ideas. These Pumpkin Orange Doughnut Beads are a great way to celebrate Halloween sweetness. You will love these beads because they look good enough to eat. Best of all, these Pumpkin Orange Doughnut Beads won't make you gain any weight. October brings thoughts of going to the pumpkin patch for apple cider doughnuts or to your local bakery to buy Halloween-themed goodies. Make this Halloween art project for a taste of that fun.
- Polymer clay – orange and a mix of white, gold, brown, yellow and orange to make the “dough”
- Glossy sealer
- Micro beads in green, purple, and copper
- Needle tool or tooth pick
- Crochet needle or other smoothing tool
- Start by conditioning the clay.
- Roll it in your hands until it’s easy to shape.
- Flatten slightly.
- Use your smoothing tool to make holes and roll it around in there to make the hole a size you like.
- Roll balls of the orange clay and flatten as much as you can and keep it as round as possible.
- Use the crochet needle to push through the “icing” to reestablish the hole.
- Use your needle tool or tooth pick to make holes through both sides.
- Bake clay according to the directions.
- When the beads are cool, brush glossy sealer on the icing and sprinkle micro beads on the wet sealer.