Kitsch Pumpkin Halloween Craft
Kitsch projects allow you to express yourself in ways you never thought possible, which makes them unique Halloween craft ideas. This Kitsch Pumpkin Halloween Craft will introduce you to a new art technique that you will surely fall in love with. Once you learn this cool wood craft idea, you will want to make a project for every holiday. Use anything from buttons and charms to broken jewelry and beads. The possibilities are endless with your creativity and imagination.
Primary TechniqueMixed Media
- Wood pumpkin cut out
- Acrylic paint
- Paper towels
- Hot glue gun and plenty of glue sticks
- Embellishments: buttons, beads, gems, shrink plastic pieces, odds and ends leftover from crafting, small chip board pieces, tiny toys, and anything else you can think of
- Paint your pumpkin with brown acrylic and wipe off with paper towels before it dries. Gather the things you might want to use. Make sure there are tons of choices.
- Before beginning to glue, try things in different positions to get an idea of what will look just right for you.
- Make sure your most important pieces will fit. The base layer will likely not be seen in the final version, so hold back the best stuff.
- The second layer will be the larger pieces.Stop and look around the room now, did you miss anything cool that would work well on this piece?
- The final layer will be smaller pieces and fill-ins. Don’t stop until it’s just right!