Jack O Lantern Decorative Bowls
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Store your holiday candy in these Jack O Lantern Decorative Bowls from I Love to Create! Your trick-or-treaters will get a kick out of these festive bowls! Apply a variety of festive glazes to give your bowl a realistic look. The more colors you use, the more your project will stand out and make an impression.
Home Decor Bisque Designs
- 23898 Large Free Form Vase 4.5" x 4.5" x 6.75"
- 23899 Short Free Form Bowl 5.25" x 5.25" x 3.5"
Concepts® Underglazes for Bisque and Majolica
- CN 022 Bright Saffron
- CN 052 Bright Tangerine
- CN 253 Dark Black
- CN 282 Bright Brown
- SB 802 No. 1 Liner
- SB 807 No. 6 Fan Glaze
- SB 808 No. 4 Round
- SB 812 No. 10 Round
pure•brilliance™ Clear Glaze
- Margarine-sized container for water
- Crafter’s knife
- Clay carbon paper or graphite paper
- Clear contact paper
- Pattern 1
- Pattern 2
Wipe bowl with damp sponge to remove any dust and/or particles.
Small Bowl: using the Fan Glaze Brush, apply three coats of Black glaze inside bowl and up to the rim, allowing time to dry between each application.
Using the pencil, lightly mark the center point of each of the four protruding curves of the bowl. Make an additional mark approximately 1½ inches from each side of the center points.
Pour Bright Tangerine glaze onto clean piece of foil or palette. Brush three coats of Bright Tangerine glaze into alternating 3-inch sections noted above (center points of curves should mark the middle of the section of glaze). Allow time to dry between each application. Refer to photo for visual.
Pour Bright Saffron glaze onto clean piece of foil or palette. Brush three coats of Bright Saffron glaze onto remaining alternating sections of bowl, allowing time to dry between each application. While the third coat is slightly damp, using your sponge, dab a little Bright Tangerine glaze onto sections where the colors meet in order to blend. Let dry.
Using the Fan Glaze Brush, apply three coats of Black glaze to outside of large bowl, allowing time to dry between each application.
Place clay carbon or graphite paper over the face pattern on regular paper, then place carbon/graphite side down and onto flattest/widest side of bowl. Trace over the face pattern using a pencil. The carbon/graphite should transfer onto bowl in the shape of the jack-o’-lantern face pattern.
Using the No. 4 Round Brush, paint in features using two coats of Black glaze, allowing time to dry between each application.
Pour Bright Brown glaze onto foil or palette and using the No. 4 Round Brush, paint a Bright Brown glaze line from each mark made in Step 3, top to bottom. Let dry.
For Large Bowl: Trace pattern onto clear contact paper (pattern side down).
Cut out shapes with crafter’s knife.
Remove backing from cutout stencils and position sticky-side down onto widest/flattest side of vase.
Pour Black glaze inside vase and rotate to coat inside with glaze. Pour excess glaze into empty container.
Brush three coats of Black glaze onto outside surface of vase. Let dry between each glaze application.
Once third coat of Black glaze has dried, remove clear contact paper stencils.
Paint three coats of Bright Saffron glaze onto teeth and pupil sections, allowing time to dry between each application.
Paint three coats of Tangerine glaze to brows, nose and remaining mouth and eye areas, allowing time to dry between each application.
Use No. 1 Liner Brush to accent lower part of eyes and brows with Bright Brown glaze.
Use No. 1 Liner Brush to outline teeth with two coats of Black glaze, allowing time to dry between each application.
Both Bowls: Sponge a light coat of Pure Brilliance Clear Glaze onto the outer surface of bowl. Let dry.
Using the Fan Glaze Brush, brush a second light coat of Pure Brilliance Clear Glaze onto bowl. Let dry.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 06.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Halloween Crochet Pumpkin
- No Sew Spider Costume
- 334 DIY Halloween Ideas: The Ultimate Guide
- Denim Country Pumpkins
- Purple People Eater Hat
- Trash Bag Halloween Wreath
- Easy Halloween Crochet Trio
- "31 Halloween Craft Projects" eBook
- "Homemade Halloween Decorations: Blogger Edition 2010" eBook
- Illuminated Pumpkin
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Taco Lover Gift Idea
- Hot Dog Lover Gift Basket Idea
- Homemade Carpet Cleaner
- Convertible Free Crochet Cowl Pattern
- Easy Kids' Knit Poncho
- Red Crochet Afghan
- 40+ Fabulous Decoupage Ideas
- Heidi Gustad
- 16 Free Knitted Slipper Patterns + Knit Slippers for Christmas
- Crochet Ripple Afghan Troubleshooting Guide