Curiously Creepy Doughnut Earrings
If you have cute beads that you aren't sure what to do with, you can learn how to make earrings out of them. These Curiously Creepy Doughnut Earrings are a great place to start. Although this tutorial focuses on doughnut-shaped beads, you can use any double-holed beads that you have. This is a very basic earring design idea that uses wire. You will be so excited to wear these Curiously Creepy Doughnut Earrings when you are finished making them.
Primary TechniqueJewelry Making
- Beads – any beads will do, but this will cover a double holed bead like these doughnuts
- 20 gauge wire
- Head pins
- Assorted beads
- Round nose pliers
- Chain nose pliers
- Wire cutters
- You don’t want to see a wire in the center of the doughnut beads, so you’ll want to begin with 2 head pins and thread them from the center out. The wire tails need to be rounded to thread this way.
- Grab on wire tail and wrap it around the round nose pliers to form a loop.
- Wrap the rest of the tail around itself below the loop 2 or 3 times. Use the chain nose pliers to grab the wire end while the round nose pliers are still in the loop.
- Trim off excess.
- Try different combinations of beads until you get the look you want.
- Repeat the loop on the other side of the doughnut, but don’t close it.
- Make a loop on the top of the beaded head pin and close it by wrapping the tail around under the loop.
- Slide the closed loop of the dangle on the open loop at the bottom of the doughnut.
- Close the last loop.