How to Make Hair Accessories: 23 Free Patterns
Explore our collection of DIY headbands and more for great ways to dress up any outfit.
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Accessories are the cheapest and easiest way to update an outfit, and hair accessories are very fashionable and trendy right now. They also hide a bad hair day! Homemade hair accessories can be customized to your style, and they make an inexpensive gift for your fashionista friends. If you've ever wanted to learn how to make hair accessories, try one of these free patterns for flower hair accessories, scrunchies, headbands, hair bows, and more!
Summer is a great time to add a little flair to your hair, and with our free eBook How to Make Hair Bows, Hair Pins and More: 33 DIY Hair Accessories you’ll be able to create fun summertime headbands, barrettes, and clips that are great for girls of all ages. Get the collection: How to Make Hair Bows, Hair Pins and More: 36 DIY Hair Accessories free eBook
- Rolled Fabric RosesYou can make your very own handmade fabric craft rose with this video. Watch as Tiffany Windsor guides you through the process.
- Crochet Hairpin RosetteUse a hairpin to make this crochet rosette, and then attach it to a hairpin to adorn your 'do!
- Flower and Feather AccessoriesYou're seeing fabric flowers, leaves and silk ruffles everywhere. Learn how to make your own embellished headbands and clips so that you can be stylish for a fraction of the price.
- Flower Ribbon Headbands VideoFor less than 3 dollars, you can create a custom ribbon and flower hair accessory for spring and summer fashion. Make one for yourself or give them as gifts.
- Charming Hair FlowerThis bright and colorful hair flower is a great summertime accessory! Attach it to a clip or a headband and you're ready to go!
- Fabric Flower HairbandsMake flowers from fabric to decorate your hair in style! These fabric flower hairbands are pretty enough for a little girl, but chic enough for a fashionista.
DIY Headbands to Make
- Spring Flower HeadbandUpdate a boring headband with this spring craft project using decorative papers, silk flowers and rhinestones. A rick-rack trim adds a nice finishing touch to this headband craft.
- Hair Accessories with ButtonsCreate your own hair accessories using buttons. Just attach to a headband and voila, you're stylish!
- Wedding Flower Girl HeadbandCreate this shimmering, flowered headband for a flower girl, bride, bridesmaid, or wedding guest. The white flowers are a great bridal look.
- Marbled Silk Hair BandsAdd color to plain hair bands with strips of marbled silk fabric. Learn how with this easy sewing tutorial.
- Holographic Ribbon HeadbandGreat with any outfit, this easy DIY hair accessory is perfect for anyone! Add a bit of sparkle and shine to a store bought headband with this easy DIY craft!
- Burst Blossom HeadbandThis Burst Blossom Headband is the perfect accessory for spring. The large flower on the side makes this handmade headband stand out among the rest! Customize this comfortable headband however you like, and be prepared to turn heads!
Hair Clips and Pins
- Beaded Hair ClipCreate a colorful beaded hair clip with ladybugs and flowers, perfect for spring. The delicate glass beads are sewn to a piece of fabric before adorning the clip.
- Cute Sewn Hair ClipsIf you're looking for an easy sewing project, try these cute sewn hair clips. They're quick and stylish, and you can make a bunch to match any outfit.
- Fashion Hair PinsMake a set of hair pins for yourself or your child. These pins are so quick and easy to make, you can make some for everyone you know.
- Devilish Hair ClipsMake a simple devil Halloween costume by crocheting a pair of devil horns!
- Scrap Fabric Rosette BarretteThese cute hair pins are great for girls of all ages! Make them for yourself or give them out as gifts. This is also a great way to use up your leftover fabric scraps.
- Back to School Hair BowsLearn how to make hair bows using just a Bowdabra and a ruler! You can make these Back to School Hair Bows in every color of the rainbow for a sweet addition to every outfit.
Scrunchies and Hairbands
- Chrysanthemum AccessoryThis crochet flower pattern is easier to make than it is to spell. Pin it to a hair elastic and wear it around a ponytail for a stylish 'do.
- DIY Scrunchies and MoreSew your own scrunchie with this easy sewing tutorial, and you can pick fabric to match your outfit.
- Ponytail Hair WrapUse this free crochet pattern to make this ponytail hair accessory and give your hair some flair!
- Hair Scrunchie TreesIf you're tired of your old scrunchies, make a decorative tree out of them for a green craft idea.
- Glittered Shoes Hair ElasticCute girly crafts can be fun for all ages. Gab a couple of random shoes from your old Barbie dolls and create your own Glittered Shoes Hair Band. This cute accessory will add a fun touch to an ordinary braid or ponytail.
From lovely crocheted headbands to tutorials on how to make bows for hair clips, these 48 DIY Hair Accessories will make adding some flair to your hair fun and easy! Get the collection: How to Make Bows for Hair Clips + 48 DIY Hair Accessories
What is your favorite way to do your hair?
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Reversible Fabric DIY Headbands
- How to Make Hair Accessories: 23 Free Patterns
- Easy Peasy Hairpins
- DIY Snowman Hair Clip
- Scrap Fabric Rosette Barrette
- Sweet Vintage Bow
- 21 DIY Headbands & How to Make Headbands Tutorials
- How to Make Hair Bows, Hair Pins and More: 36 DIY Hair Accessories free eBook
- Janice Headband
- Charming Hair Flower
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Victoria’s Winter Fingerless Gloves
- Wine Country Triangle Shawl
- DIY Toy Car Bridge & Tunnel
- Be My Valentine Jewelry Set
- Tie Dye Your Summer Crochet Pattern
- Upcycled Football Vase
- Tassel Earrings
- Valentine's day wall decorations
- Recycled Wine Glass Planters
- Chic Valentine Decor
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home