Coffee Cup Flower Bouquet
What's better than a bouquet of flowers? A Coffee Cup Flower Bouquet from Candace Jedrowicz, of course! If you like making recycled gifts, crafts from household items or upcycle ideas, then you'll love these commitment-free flowers.
- Paper coffee cups
- Die cut machine with flower dies or flower punches
- 16 gauge wire – mine was left over from installing a drop ceiling
- Aleene’s Clear Gel Tacky Glue
- Metallic powder colors
- To get your coffee cup ready to punch or run through the die cutter, take off the rim and bottom then open the paper flat. Cut with flower die.
- Pour a small amount of metallic powder in a cup bottom.
- Add enough Aleene’s Clear Gel Tacky Glue to the powder to make it spreadable. Use Qtip to stir and paint your flowers.
- Some paper cups have more wax than others so the color may bead up. I let them dry and added more color for a pleasantly mottled look.
- Cut 9″ to 12″ pieces of wire for each stem. I used polymer clay buttons colored with craft foil for the flower centers. Wrap a small spiral in one end of the wire and thread the uncoiled end through the front of the button.
- Leave about 1″of the wire straight and coil the rest around a pencil or other rod, leaving about 2″ straight at the bottom.
- I arranged my flowers in three groups according to length. Choose one of the stems to wrap around the others to hold the bunch together.
For a comprehensive video tutorial of this project, check out How to Make an Upcycled Coffee Cup Flower Bouquet.
Read Next1000+ Recycled Crafts
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Jul 16, 2015
awesome!!!!! i must try this
Apr 09, 2013
loved this cup flowers i might try make one i use make paper flower in differ thing and give them as happys just cheer up someone, and i cantt be arould real flowers so i got share flowers just not real ones, u could mist a smell lightly if want them smell like flower i didnt do that i am not be able to be arould flowers smell but it nice to do when u can.
Feb 13, 2012
fab fun funky make great for any spring table big love marc
Feb 11, 2012
This is a great project. I have some empty vases lying around the house and I was wondering how I should go about making paper flowers for the vases. I will use your tutorial as a guide. Thank you for sharing. Tamara :)
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use