What To Do With Old Jeans: 34 Recycled Crafts With Denim
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Don't throw away your worn-out jeans! Recycle them into bags, toys, and other items. With these fun and easy projects, you'll be able to put those well-loved jeans to use in ways you couldn't imagine. From totes and bags to embellishments and home decor, these denim crafts will help you work through that stash of old jeans and transform them into functional and fabulous works of art!
This collection of 34 Recycled Crafts With Denim will give you plenty of inspiration for your next craft project and you'll never be left wondering what to do with old jeans again. Keep reading for ideas for recycled crafts for kids, fun wearable crafts from recycled materials, and more!
Table of Contents
Find even more DIY crafts made out of recycled jeans in our collection of free purse patterns made from old jeans and denim, 6 Old Jeans Purse Patterns
What to Do with Old Jeans + Blue Jean Recycled Crafts
Now let's get to the good stuff. Here are a few denim crafts that are sure to inspire you. We have tons of things to make with old jeans here, and you'll never wonder what to do with old jeans again! Here are a few of our favorite things to do with old jeans and denim:
- Denim and Lace Flip Flops
Use old jeans to embellish flip flops. Lace also makes a great adornment!
- Funky Jeans Bag
Turn each pant leg into a handy lunch sack. You can also turn them into a purse for any occasion!
- Denim Oriental Bracelet
Make a gorgeous bracelet using old denim. It's amazing what you can make!
- Denim Back-to-School Chalkboard
Dress up a plain chalkboard with a makeshift frame using denim squares from old jeans.
- Multi Colored Denim Wreath
Make an absolutely stunning wreath using loops of colorful denim. This is an easy project you'll simply love, and it's nice and rustic for fall.
- Denim Circle Tree
This is a great arts and crafts project using denim. Turn the scraps, along with other fabric scraps, into a lovely tree to hang on your wall.
- Cupcake Jean Purse
Turn old jeans into a purse, and then embellish the purse with brightly colored stitching and cupcake patches.
- Denim Drink Cozy
Make this beer cozy or, to reduce your paper consumption AND protect your hands, make a coffee cup cozy from two layers of denim. Just measure, cut and sew. Use rick rack or contrasting fabric at the edge for a cute touch.
- Denim Apron and Basket for Mom
Make a bucket or basket for your yarn skeins, other craft supplies, or anything you'd like with a pair of jeans.
- Fringed Crochet Denim Jacket Refashion
Strips of old jeans can be crocheted into a bag or even a rug. You can also crochet with regular yarn onto denim for a funky new jacket or other accessory.
- Denim Flower Brooch
Create a beautiful new brooch using denim.
- Old Jeans Bracelet
Beading makes all the difference when you make this pretty bracelet out of old jeans.
- Denim Pocket Purse
Select a specific portion of the jeans to make this super easy purse tutorial.
- Denim Pocket Pillow
This denim pocket pillow is a super easy sewing project and will be great on your patio this summer.
- Rainbow Jeans Ring
This cool ring is so comfortable to wear! Add beads and you have a chic new summer accessory.
- Shabby Chic Denim Flowers
Embrace the fraying that happens with your jeans to make this shabby chic flower.
- Denim Needle Case
Sew together an awesome needle case to stay organized with your sewing supplies.
- Denim Pocket Pincushion
Make a new pincushion out of denim and other fabric scraps!
- Upcycled Denim Flower Embellishments
Add a denim embellishment to your next papercraft with this easy sewing project.
- Frayed Denim DIY Coasters
Fray those jeans on purpose! The frayed look makes all the difference with this coasters project.
- Denim Country Pumpkins
This creative idea is so awesome for fall. Turn that old pair of pants into an awesome porch decoration by sewing pumpkins.
- Denim Art Can
Wrap old jeans around a tin can to make your favorite new pencil holder. Store other craft supplies inside too like scissors, paintbrushers, rulers, and more.
- Handy Dandy Lamp Shade
If your lampshade doesn't, well, shade enough, add another layer of denim.
- Blue Jean DIY Sunglasses Case
Make a sunglasses case out of denim and add other scrap fabric to finish it off.
- DIY Chevron Denim Pillow
This stunning denim pillow is made using jeans in a variety of washes and orange ribbon for a really beautiful effect.
- Recycled Denim Dog Toy
Denim makes a great, sturdy material for pet toys.
- Recycled Denim Wine Bottle Sleeve
Create a wine bottle holder like this one. You can also create a water-bottle holder with shoulder strap and cute pockets for drink mix.
- Denim Pockets DIY Organizer
Make a pocket organizer. Cut off the ends of pant legs and stitch the cut side closed to make a pocket. Arrange six or more of these pockets on a sturdy piece of poster board and hang from a door for a handy organizer. Or, attach loops of demin to the pockets and hang from a bar.
- Fun Denim Draught Excluders
Use the leg of a pair of jeans to sew up a draft stopper. Learn the basics of sewing a draft stopper with this tutorial.
- Denim Shorts Chore Chart
Cover a bulletin board with the denim if you can't stand the sight of cork anymore. You can make a variety of displays like bulletin boards or this chore chart.
- Denim Pocket Purse
Glue a magnet onto the back of jean pockets for a handy place to stash coupons on your fridge. You can also use the jeans pocket to make a purse like this one.
If you're looking for even more recycled craft ideas, this collection has it all: 1000+ Recycled Crafts
What is your best tip for crafting with denim? Let us know in the comments!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Magical DIY Fairy Jar Night Light
- Upcycled Deisgner Storage Buckets
- Pizza Pan Mosaic Tutorial
- Mason Jar Lid Reindeer Crafts
- Mason Jar Vase
- How to Make Plarn, Plastic Bag Yarn Knit Tote Pattern
- Kalideoscope Mason Jar Ornament
- Winter Wonderland Mason Jar Ornament
- Upcycled French Farmhouse Paper Mache Rooster
- Upcycled Burlap Vase
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Easy Christmas Caps Decoration - Fun Family Craft
- Free Christmas Coloring Pages For Kids And Adults
- Fabulous Faux Stained Glass Christmas Ornament
- Crochet Snowflake Free Pattern
- Fabric Postcards (and Fabric Postcard Ornaments)
- Reindeer Ornament
- Wreath Christmas Tree Ornament
- Stacked Yarn Ball Ornament
- Paragon Square Ornament
- Dangling Snowman Ornament
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home