42 Easy Water Bottle Crafts
If you love recycling, and you're looking for easy water bottle crafts, this collection is for you!
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Water bottle crafts are excellent for recycled crafting. There are so many ideas for crafts made from recycled items, it's sometimes hard to decide which ones to try. We've rounded up Easy Water Bottle Crafts that are so fashionable, handy, and fun, you'd never guess they're plastic bottle crafts! Read on to find great ideas for what to make with empty plastic bottles!
From trendy water bottle bracelets to bottle cap wall art, this collection of easy water bottle crafts offers ideas for recycled bottles that you can use in your everyday life. So if you're going green and want suggestions for bottle cap crafts, take a look at these easy projects, empty your recycling bin, and get to work on one of these eco-friendly projects!
If you love these projects, be sure to subscribe to our newsletter to get amazing craft projects like these delivered to your inbox every day!
Table of Contents
In addition to water bottle projects, you'll find ways to use scrap fabric, Mason jars and more in "Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts" Free eBook
Plastic Bottle Decorating Ideas
- Plastic Bottle Hanging Planters
These gorgeous planters hang in the branches of your trees outside for a surprising summertime ornament! Use colorful string to really make them pop.
- Mini Bottle Cap Birdcage
Who knew plastic bottle cap crafts could be so dainty? Hang a Mini Bottle Cap Bird Cage from your rearview mirror to add a little fun to your daily commute.
- Secretly Cheap DIY Flower Vase
Reader Favorite! Check out this plastic bottle craft to learn how to make a DIY vase that looks like a million bucks.
- Fairy Light Recycled Craft
This super cute craft is wonderful for those who love fairy gardens! With a bit of paint and a little LED tealight, this cute recycled craft will add a bit of whimsy to your interior decor!
- Repurposed Plastic Milk Jug Flower Garlands
This beautiful garland is sure to brighten up any room with forever flowers made from a plastic jug!
- DIY Stress Relief Bottle
Soothe your soul when you create a lovely, glittery creation from a recycled bottle and your favorite glitter! Use a variety of thicknesses and colors when you incorporate glitter into your project. This can also be used as a timeout jar. Check out our video tutorial to learn how to make a "time out jar" for kids using an old water bottle!
- Recycled Water Bottle Flowers
This craft will brighten up your home, and you never have to worry about watering your bottle flowers!
- Soda Bottle Chandelier Plastic Bottle Craft
Here's a great way to reuse all those water bottles that you have collecting in your recycle bin. With some simple supplies and a little patience, you can create this Soda Bottle Chandelier, perfect for displaying in your craft room or a playroom. You can use different colored bottles or lights to create a unique effect, and kids will love helping you create this amazing and artistic project!
- Recycled Plastic Bottle Bird Feeder
Invite the birds to gather in your yard this season with an adorable DIY bird feeder! No need to invest in an expensive option. With this tutorial, you can turn trash into treasure!
- Plastic Bottle Lid Art
For a fun and inexpensive way to decorate your home, you might want to consider this artistic project. Your friends will be amazed that you created this contemporary wall hanging using recycled materials!
- 3 D Canvas with Silk Flowers
Instead of tossing that Ice Mountain bottle, why not incorporate it into your next piece of art? Bring your painting to life using recycled plastic crafts. We love how the water bottle vase makes the painting 3-D!
- Upcycled Plastic Bottle Decor Items
These whimsical trash-to-treasure decoration tutorial will show you how to recycle your way to one of a kind home decor!
- Water Bottle Room Divider
Add depth and dimension to any room with a Water Bottle Room Divider. This craft is extremely inexpensive to make and looks store-bought.
- Tea Jug Poinsettia Ornament
Turn a plastic bottle into a beautiful flower! This poinsettia is made by shaping a plastic tea jug into the beautiful petals and painting them.
- Adorable Clay Pig
Upcycled crafts don't get any cuter than this! The best part about this home decor piece is that no one would ever guess that the pig's body is made from a recycled plastic bottle!
- Recycled Water Bottle Vases
These simple vases are so pretty, you'll forget they used to be water bottles!
Plastic Bottle Crafts for Organizing
- Recycled Water Bottle Supply Organizer
One of our favorite easy to make water bottle crafts is this handy organizer. Get your craft room in order with this clever storage solution, made from recyclable materials!
- Water Bottle Storage
Never pay for plastic storage containers again! These instructions will have you organized in no time!
- Upcycled Containers
Recycled crafts can be useful and cute, all at the same time! You'll love to display these adorable upcycled containers, decorated with colorful scrapbook paper.
- Plastic Bottle Bathroom Storage
Transform an old plastic bottle, either a water bottle or even a shampoo bottle, into this convenient bathroom storage idea.
- Recycled Bottle Organizers
This easy project will take you just a couple minutes to create and it's a great storage solution for those little odds and ends on your desk! A bit of washi tape is all you need to decorate them.
- Charging Station Recycled Craft
Use an empty plastic bottle to create a charging station! By creating a small container you can plop your phone in while it charges, you'll save space and it'll be so convenient!
- Diy Bottle Organizers
Select colorful water bottles or even a different type of plastic bottle to make these bright organizers! Use them for your office or put them in the bathroom as another storage option.
- Recycled Snack Box with Zipper
Isn't it amazing that you can turn a soda bottle into a fantastic storage solution? Learn how to attach a zipper to your plastic bottle to make an easy-to-open case.
Recycled Plastic Jewelry
- Pink Flower Water Bottle Bracelets
Who says you can't be fashionable and eco-friendly? These Pink Flower Water Bottle Bracelets look like something you might find at your favorite accessories store, but they're really recycled bottle crafts that you can easily make at home!
- Felt Floral Plastic Bottle Bracelet
This classic floral bracelet is a great way to recycle your bottles into items you can wear forever!
- Girly Water Bottle Friendship Bracelets
Make these friendship bracelets with kids to teach about recycling and get cool new jewelry in the process!
- Bold Button Water Bottle Bracelet
Layers and layers of buttons, oh my! This adorable project is so bright and cute for summer. The small bits of twine tied through the holes in the buttons is a wonderful finishing touch.
- Water Bottle Jewelry
Learn how to turn old plastic bottles into trendy accessories with this Water Bottle Jewelry tutorial. From floral necklaces to dainty daisy bracelets, get creative and fill up your jewelry box with these adorable water bottle projects!
- Blue Bling Water Bottle Earrings
Get inspired by everyday objects. Blue Bling Water Bottle Earrings can be created by combining a plastic blue drink bottle and copper enamel ink. Everyone will be shocked when they find out these earrings are repurposed from a water bottle!
- Recycled Felt and Plastic Cuffs
Bangles are easy to make! They're as simple as wrapping fabric around plastic and tying a bow. Get the complete tutorial to learn how to make these pretty projects.
- Plastic Water Bottle Pendant and Necklace Video
Prepare to be amazed by this tutorial. Watch the video to find out how to make one-of-a-kind jewelry that you can wear every day, including a plastic water bottle pendant and a necklace made from recycled bottles.
- Patriotic Water Bottle Bracelet
Go green and celebrate the Fourth of July with recycled crafts! Make a Patriotic Water Bottle Bracelet using an empty bottle and red, white and blue buttons. Wear it on the nation's birthday to show your patriotic spirit.
- Water Bottle and Paper Bangles
Rock an earth-friendly, fashionable look with Water Bottle and Paper Bangles. For this recycled craft project, you'll need metallic foil tape, scrapbook paper and empty plastic bottles. Customize each piece to create the perfect look.
- Faux Felted Water Bottle Bracelets
These funky, colorful bracelets are a fun way to spice up your wardrobe with wearable water bottle recycling crafts. We love how the felt adds an element of softness and disguises the plastic.
If you need more ideas for how to recycle the whole bottle, check out these 27 Bottle Cap Crafts
Water Bottle Games and Toys
- Recycled Tic Tac Toe Game
It's easier than you think to make your own board game out of recycled materials. This Tic Tac Toe game is one of our favorite crafts using bottle caps because it's something the whole family can enjoy!
- Recycled Bottle Kayak
This incredible kayak recycling project is perfect for anyone with a huge collection of empty bottles!
- Dog Bottle Bank Water Bottle Craft
Turn a water bottle into this cute Dog Bottle Bank. Save some green with this simple green crafting project!
- Cat Bottle Bank Water Bottle Craft
Since you can never have enough easy craft ideas, why not make a purrfect companion for your Dog Bottle Bank with this feline version? These recycled plastic crafts also make great gifts for any animal lover in your life.
- Bottle Cap Snake Toy
Looking for fun bottle caps crafts that you can make with your kids? This wiggly Bottle Cap Snake Toy is a great craft for little boys, plus it puts all of those used water bottle tops to good use! If you're wondering what things to make with the kids, this is a great project.
- Plastic Bottle Robot
Create your own eco-friendly robot! To make your own Plastic Bottle Robot, try a new technique and distress the bottle with acrylic paint. This gives the piece a very industrial-look edge. Watch your robot come to life!
- Homemade Bubble Machine
Here's a fun way to reuse an old water bottle: kids and adults alike will love this DIY Bubble Machine, and you won't believe how easy it is to make! With only a few easy-to-find materials, you can transform an old bottle into a fun thrifty toy that's great for pool parties and bath time!
More Water Bottle Craft Ideas (From Our Readers!)
- Cut the bottoms off of bottles that have 5 or 6 bumps on the bottom and paint them to look like snowflakes.
- Use the 5-6 bump bottle bottoms to store small items, like jewelry and beads.
- Cut the top off of liter bottles and use them as greenhouses by placing them over sprouting seedlings.
- Use them to make birdfeeders.
- Cut the bottoms off of water bottles and dip the bottle into soapy water. Blow through the hole where you would drink the water to create your own bubble blower!
- Turn water bottles into a piggy bank. Cut a small slit in the top to place the coins and simply unscrew the top to remove the change inside.
- Make your own lava lamps! Fill the water bottle about ¾ full with vegetable oil then add water. Add 10 drops of food coloring. Break an Alka-Seltzer tab into four pieces and drop one in at a time and wait for each to dissolve.
- Decoupage some tissue paper on water bottles to create luminaries! You can cut the top or bottom of the bottle off and put a fake tealight inside for great outdoor décor for all kinds of parties.
- Fill empty bottles with sand and place them in your knee high boots to keep them from falling over in your closet! This is a great way to prevent creases from forming in your shoes.
- Make your own I Spy game by filling an empty bottle with rice, beads, buttons, small toys, and more. Shake the bottle and see how many things you can find in five minutes! This is a great game for road trips.
- Use empty water bottles to store all your beads. This is storage and decoration all in one, since the colors of the beads shows through the plastic bottles. Group your beads by color and arrange on a shelf for practical and decorative storage!
While you're in the reduce-reuse-recycle mood, check out these awesome Toilet Paper Roll Crafts: 62 Uses for Toilet Paper Rolls
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Images from other crafters
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Are you ready to create a DIY craft that's as practical as it is thrifty? If so, this Dollar Store Magnetic Organizer is for you. This… Continue reading: "Dollar Store Magnetic Organizer"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Felt Holly Christmas Napkin Rings
- Jean Dreams Tote
- How To Make A Pencil Case Out Of Paper?
- Pinch Me Crochet Lobster Hat
- Diy: Succulents In A Bowl
- Family Handprint Turkey
- Pumpkin Bunting
- Witch Hat Hair Accessory
- 31 Scary And Cute Free Halloween Printables You Will Love!
- Ghosts, Goblins, And Ghouls Halloween Word Scramble Games
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home