23 DIY Hostess Gifts
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Whether you're going to a Christmas party, a Thanksgiving dinner, a housewarming celebration, or just a fun friendly get-together, these 23 DIY Hostess Gifts are perfect for celebrations of all kinds. From cute crochet projects to beautiful floral arrangements that are great for a new home, these are fun and easy hostess gifts to make for all your friends and family.
23 DIY Hostess Gifts Table of Contents
Thanksgiving is the time for caring and sharing...and if you're heading to a loved one's home for Thanksgiving dinner, these DIY hostess gifts are sure to help show how much you care. From beautiful etched plates to simple wine glass charms that every entertainer will love, these simple DIY gifts are perfect for giving...and they all travel well!
- Elegant Leaf Plate: This beautiful plate is a nice way to present a gift of cookies or a way to present a side dish for a family-style gathering. Etched glass may sound complicated, but it's actually quite easy to do, and the effect is truly something spectacular.
- Falling Leaves Candle Jar: Use etching techniques to give a jarred candle a whole new look. This simple and fun DIY hostess gift is not only great for Thanksgiving, but can be given for any reason or occasion. Customize your etching design to be whatever you'd like and in a few minutes, you have a gift that anyone is sure to love.
- "Give Thanks" Vase: Set the mood for a lovely Thanksgiving with this Give Thanks Vase. You could put a small electric candle inside for a soft dinnertime glow, or fill it with flowers and present it to the hostess to use as a lovely centerpiece for the table.
- Hanging Recipe Holder: This is an awesome gift for hostesses who love to cook! Never again will she have to worry about losing that recipe card. Make this hanging recipe holder and holiday cooking is as easy as pie. You can even include some of your favorite recipes for a gift any party lover is sure to appreciate.
- Cute Thanksgiving Charms: Help remember who's wine glass is who's with these cute Thanksgiving Charms. This DIY hostess gift is so easy to make and fun to give to all your friends and family. This is also a fun project for the kids to help with, too.
The holidays are a stressful time for all of us. Cut down on your shopping time by making your own DIY hostess gifts this year. If you're going to be doing a lot of traveling to see friends and family, making your own gifts is a great way to save money and cut down on the stress of holiday shopping.
- Happy Holiday Turtleneck Bottle Cozy: This cute knit bottle cozy is a sweet and fun way to present a gift of wine. This is a great project for beginners and a fun way to package a bottle. Partner this up with a cheese and cracker basket and you've got one great holiday hostess gift.
- A Plate Full of Joy: Give the gift of holiday cookies on this cute painted plate. These fun and easy painted plates are so simple to make that you'll find yourself making them every time you need a hostess gift. Fill them up with holiday fudge or other baked goods for a gift that keeps on giving.
- Snowman Holiday Apron: With some basic sewing skills, you can create this sweet holiday apron that's perfect for any baker. Embellished with a sweet snowman and some cute falling snowflakes, this DIY hostess gift would be great paired with a new spatula or some shiny new baking pans.
- Etched Santa Pitcher: This Etched Santa Pitcher is a great way to serve up a tasty beverage at your next holiday party. It also makes a great hostess gift when combined with a few drink mixes or a set of holiday glasses. Don't want a huge Santa? No worries! You can etch whatever you'd like onto the pitcher to make it suitable to your needs.
- Quick Holiday Hostess Gift: This adorable glass jar makes a wonderful hostess gift for the holiday season. You can fill it with homemade goodies or suggestions on what a family can do for a snow day or cold weekend spent indoors. This is a quick and easy project that will please everyone.
- Quilted Christmas Jar: This super cute Mason jar is totally decked out for Christmas! Great for filling with your favorite hot cocoa mix, this Quilted Christmas Jar makes a lovely hostess gift that's sure to be appreciated by everyone.
When you have a friend or family member moving into a new home or apartment, there are a few essentials that are necessary in helping to make the new house feel like a home...and we've got lots to select from in this collection of DIY hostess gifts. From cute planters to easy-to-make blankets, these handmade gift ideas are great to bring to your next housewarming party.
- Chalkboard Paint Garden Pots: Paint a simple terra cotta pot with chalkboard paint to create a customizable gift that any hostess is sure to love. Even if it doesn't hold a plant, this clever and fun DIY hostess gift can easily hold kitchen utensils, art supplies, makeup, and so much more.
- Basketweave Afghan: This blanket makes for a great housewarming gift and would look great in a living room or bedroom. Use a solid colored yarn or select a mulitcolored yarn to create a whole new look. This afghan is great for beginners and intermediate crochet fans.
- Martha Stewart Knockoff Canisters: Every new homeowner needs some cute kitchen canisters! Get the Martha look without the Martha price by creating your own Martha Stewart style kitchen canisters. This is also a great gift for those moving into their first apartment or college dorm.
- Succulent Garden Arrangement: This easy succulent garden is simple to create and makes a great hostess gift or long-lasting outdoor centerpiece. The arrangements are easy to care for because they’re very forgiving, making them perfect for young home owners and apartment dwellers.
- Mason Jar Vase: Turn a humble Mason jar into a beautiful vase with this fun and easy home decor project. This is a great way to plant herbs and any hostess will love getting a mini herb garden to help cut down on shopping time! You could also fill these vases with flowers like daisies or violets.
- Crochet Gift Bag: This cute crochet bag is perfect for giving a bottle of wine, handmade cookies or chocolates, or a simple gift like a book or CD. The great thing about DIY hostess gifts like this is that they are easy to reuse and repurpose...so everyone is sure to love them!
No matter what the reason, these general DIY hostess gifts are sure to please. Whether you're heading off to a shower, a friendly dinner, or a birthday party, these classy and simple DIY projects are great for all kinds of hosts and hostesses.
- Personalized Tea Bags: These adorable personalized tea bags are a great way to show someone how much you appreciate them. Write little notes on each bag or embellish them with your favorite quotes or song lyrics. This is a quick and easy gift that is perfect for any occasion.
- Summer Coaster Set: Transform cheap glass tiles into colorful and fun coasters, perfect for housewarming gifts or giving to someone who's hosting a summer BBQ. You can also use up holiday wrapping paper and create Christmas-themed coasters to give out during the holiday season.
- Steampunk Wine Bottle Toppers: Create your own wine bottle stoppers with little odds and ends around your home. These cute wine bottle stoppers are great for those hosting a book club or a wine tasting party. You can embellish them with whatever you'd like, and it's a fun and easy craft that will take less than one hour to make!
- DIY Cheese Plate: Perfect for the Wine and Cheese lover, this DIY cheese plate can be made in less than three steps. This is a great project for hostesses who love to entertain with food and, best of all, you can find everything you need at the hardware store or dollar store!
- Mini Thank You Gift Tin: Fill this cute tin with homemade candies, mints, or magnets and give to your friends and family for any reason or occasion. You can even write a personalized note and place it in this decorated tin...that's sure to be one DIY hostess gift that no one will soon forget.
- A Great Spa Gift Basket: For hostesses who have been on their feet all day, this Spa Gift Basket is a wonderful way to thank them for all their hard work. Filled with everything they need to enjoy a relaxing day at home, this DIY hostess gift is great for anyone on your list...and you can fil it with whatever you'd like!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 44 Easy Craft Projects For Adults
- 5 Easy Tassel Crafts and DIY Pom Pom Projects
- No Sew Fabric Bookmarks
- Beaded Book Thong
- 23 DIY Geeky Gifts for Nerds
- Bead and Ribbon Bookmark
- DIY Guitar Picks
- "17 Easy Crafts With Yarn: Make Accessories, Decor and More with Lion Brand Imagine Yarn" free eBook
- Crystal Beads Bracelet
- Fizzy Homemade Bath Soak
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Easy Origami Hearts
- DIY Beet Dye for Fabric
- Butterfly Lace Mandala Adult Coloring Page
- Intricate Snowflake Adult Coloring Page
- Crochet Pumpkin Patch Bear
- Hanukkah Gift Envelopes
- Easy New Year's Eve Poppers
- Angled Mesh Crochet Scarf
- Candy Corn Crochet Door Basket
- Giant Crochet Cable Pillow
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home