3D Flower Cameo Concertina Card
By: Crafter's Companion
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Create this rosy card for your loved one on a special occasion, or use it as your Valentine's Day surprise! This card really will surprise your special someone as the flowers pop out from the card.
- 4 x 8.5x11 sheets of Bazzill ‘Fourzz cardstock, 2 in Red Rock & 2 in Painted Desert
- A sheet of acetate
- Top Score Board & Scoring Tool
- K & Co ‘Hannah’ ‘Scrp pad to go’ selection
- A dark pink dye based ink pad & stippling brush
- Some ivory lace
- Making Memories ‘Beach’ rub-ons in black
- Some narrow gold peel off sticker borders
- 3 metal embellishments
- 2 pink stick on gems
- Iridescent glitter glue
- A paper trimmer
- Scissors & craft knife
- Double sided sticky tape
- 3D foam pads
Score all four pieces of Bazzill card in half on the line that reads HALF-FOLD US letter, using the Top Score. Take the two lighter pink pieces and score again along the line that reads GATEFOLD US letter. Rotate the card and score this line again on both pieces of light pink card, so that these two sheets are scored into four equal sections.
Fold the triple folded pieces in half and place the folded edge against the oval score pattern on the Top Score. Slide the card up or down until the oval is roughly in the centre of the card. Score the oval onto one thickness of the card.
With the card folded in half, cut out the oval through both thicknesses of card, so that when it is opened, a complete oval will be cut out of the centre of the card. Repeat this with the other pale coloured piece of card.
With a stippling brush and a dark pink ink pad, swirl some colour around the oval and around the edges of the centre section, using scrap paper to mask the outer edges. Take some peel off sticker borders and add them around the oval shape to highlight it.
Place some double sided tape to just the outer two sections of both pieces and set aside.
Cut two ovals of acetate and edge them with peel off borders. Take a sheet of large flower paper from the scrap pad and cut out three sets of the flower designs and some of the leaves and stems. With a small amount of adhesive, stick two of the leaves and stems to the acetate ovals, using 3D foam pads to raise up the main flower head.
Edge the flowers with glitter glue and leave to dry.
Use the third set of cut out flowers to decorate the front of the card, near the top. Add glitter glue to this also.
When the two acetate cameos are dry, stick them into the oval apertures you have prepared using a very thin strip of acetate cut from the waste with a paper trimmer. Stick the acetate strip to the back of the cameo using a little piece of sticky tape and stick the other end onto the back of the pink card. The two cameo shapes will now dangle inside the oval apertures.
Take a sheet of small pink flower cardstock from the ‘Hannah’ selection and cut two pieces measuring 8.5x5.5 inches. Fold these two pieces in half lengthways and stick them to the inside fold of the two sheets of darker Bazzill card to line the inner section.
Now stick the oval 3D sections into the inside of the card. Remove the backing from the sticky tape from just one side at a time and line up the edge of the card with the outer edge of the dark card. When this is glued in, stick the other side down. Repeat with the other pale pink section.
To finish the card, add two strips of lace over the top of a 1inch strip of Bazzill card and glue to the inner sections of the card. Add a metal embellishment over the top and secure with double sided tape or PVA glue.
Also decorate the outer part of the card with some lace. Pop out one of the labels from the ‘Hannah’ scrap pad and add a message using the rub-ons. Mount this onto the front of the card using 3D foam pads and finish with stick on gems.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 44 Easy Craft Projects For Adults
- "17 Easy Crafts With Yarn: Make Accessories, Decor and More with Lion Brand Imagine Yarn" free eBook
- Happy Homemade Mugs
- 5 Homemade Gifts for Boyfriend He Actually Wants
- Beaded Book Thong
- Crystal Beads Bracelet
- No Sew Fabric Bookmarks
- 23 DIY Geeky Gifts for Nerds
- Bead and Ribbon Bookmark
- DIY Guitar Picks
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- My Little Bird Applique
- Easy Pinwheel Flower
- 10 Minutes Colorful Butterfly Applique
- Vintage Candlestick Garden Plant Stand
- Super Fast Little Purse
- DIY Chokers in Different Styles
- Shell Stitch Baby Blanket
- Hooded Cabled Cape
- DIY Light Reflector
- How to Adjust Presser Foot Tension