Name this Garden Craft!
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Help the FaveCrafts.com editors name this project and win a prize. Scroll down below for full contest rules and instructions!
In the Designer's Words: "For the cost of a can of soup and some craft patio paints, you can create a weather-proof fairy house for your outdoor garden today. This very easy project requires a few tools and a touch of creativity. May your garden be lucky enough to have some fairies stop by today!"
Primary TechniqueGreen Crafting
Project TypeMake a Project
- Tin cans
- Floral wire
- Craft patio (outdoor) paints + brush
- Metal cutter
- Wire pliers
Remove any labels from the tin cans
Using metal cutters, cut a door in your tin can. You can skip this step and paint on a door instead.
Using the wire pliers, fold back any cut metal pieces to avoid injury.
Paint and decorate your can whoever you wish
Two ideas for a roof:
1.) Cut a second can in half, followed by cutting slits. Fold the slits upwards and paint. Once dry, perch it atop your house. 2.) Cut up a second tin can and use a small section of the can to make a roof.
If using roof #2 option, use a screwdriver to make two holes in this roof section. Once the holes are made, use floral wire to secure the roof to the can.
Comment and win. Answer our question below and you will be entered to win a prize from our prize closet!
- There is a maximum of one entry per person. Commenting on this page will enter you to win the prize. Duplicate comments will be deleted and are not tallied.
- Winner will be selected at random from the comments on this page below.
- Winner will be contacted by the e-mail address provided in their account (please do NOT leave your e-mail address in the comments — you already provided it when you create your account).
- You have until Wednesday March 16, 2016 at 11:59pm EST to leave your comment on this post. Comments after that will not be counted
- Contest open to anyone 18+ in US and Canada.
What should we name this project?
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Create a beautiful hand-stitched cloth napkin for your home with this Adorable Hand Stitched DIY Tea Towels tutorial. If you're a big… Continue reading: "Adorable Hand Stitched DIY Tea Towelsvideocam"
- Gorgeous Simple 10 Minute Moroccan Tile Planters
- Recycled Concrete Mosaic Planter
- Milk Carton Bird Feeder
- Decorative Seed Starter Gifts with Laminated Plant Markers
- Terrarium in a Mason Jar Gift Idea
- DIY Flower Pot with Pom Poms
- DIY PVC birds
- 33 Succulent Crafts
- Terra Cotta Pinch Pots
- Upcycled Plastic Bottle Decor Items
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Handmade Tartan & Plaid Feathers
- Chunky Chenille Baby Blanket
- Bistro Chalk Markers
- Daisy Mae Bag
- Linen Log Cabin Square
- St. Patrick's Day Slime
- Summertime Family Road Trip Journal
- Terra Cotta Pinch Pots
- Watermelon Rind Fairy Home
- Fairy Garden In An Old Wheelbarrow!!
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home