Candlestick DIY Planter
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
In the Designer's Words: "After no longer wanting to use it as a candle holder, I took it outside to our courtyard and placed it in the garden. Giving it a 21st century update from its original brass, it had a new purpose as a plant stand. If using real plants/flower, be sure to drill holes in the decorative bowl for drainage."
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Primary TechniqueDIY Craft
Project TypeMake a Project
- Decorative Bowl
- Self Etching Primer
- Paint, of any color
Depending on the style and finish of your candlestick (mine was brass), you may need to use self-etching primer to get the paint to adhere
Paint the candlestick in your color of choice
Get a decorative bowl to fit on top of the candlestick. Repeat steps #1 and 2
Fill the bowl with real or artificial flowers/plants
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Yard-zee DIY Backyard Game
Lilac Rose Petals Luminary
Fairy Garden Terrarium in a Mason Jar
Upcycled Plastic Bottle Decor Items
31 Clay Pot Crafts
Colorful Upcycled Planters to Brighten Your Garden
Recycled Plastic Bottle Bird Feeder
Decorative Seed Starter Gifts with Laminated Plant Markers
Junk Store Birdhouse
Clay Pot Garden Angel
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home