Stars and Stripes Game Box
This great Stars and Stripes Game Box from Delta Creative is not only fun to play with -- it's fun and easy to make!
- Delta Ceramcoat Acyrlic Paint:
- White (2505)
- Opaque Blue (2508)
- Opaque Red (2507)
- Delta Ceramcoat Gloss Interior Varnish
- Delta Jewel Glue™
- Star shaped paper mache box
- Clear and red star shaped jewels
- 5 small round red jewels
- Old toothbrush
- Palette paper
- Water container
- Tracing paper
- Paint the bottom of the box with sufficient coats of Delta Ceramcoat White to produce an opaque shade of color.
- Paint the lid Opaque Blue.
- Starting at the bottom of the box wrap a strip of tape around the perimeter of the box. Wrap a second piece of tape up next to the first. Remove the first piece of tape and place it up next the second butting the edges up next to one another. Place a third piece of tape up next to the previous piece, again butting the edges up next to each other. Remove the middle piece of tape and continue adding stripes to the bottom of the box, up to the top.
- Paint the exposed stripes on the sides of the box Opaque Red. Carefully remove the tape and dry. With your brush and the appropriate color of paint touch up any places where the color may have gone underneath the tape.
- Thin Opaque Blue slightly with water from an old toothbrush and speckle the sides of the box.
- With a pencil draw a line 3/8" from the edges of the lid. To the center of the lid draw a tic-tac-toe board.
- Using the liner brush paint the lines for tic-tac-toe and the lines along the edges White.
- Transfer the wording to the sides of the lid and paint the letters White.
- Allow the paint to dry and apply 2 to 3 coats of Delta Ceramcoat Gloss Interior Varnish to the entire box.
- Glue the small round jewels to the tips of the stars on the lid using Delta Jewel Glue.
- To aid in painting the stripes around the sides of the box, use masking tape. The only trick is to make sure that the edges of the tape are securely fastened to the surface of the box.
- To prevent the tape from pulling up the paint from the box, place the masking tape on your clothes, removing it several times to reduce the stickiness of the tape.
Read NextAmericana Angel