17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
Seussian Flower Bouquet
By: Carolina Moore for 30 Minute Crafts
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Visit Carolina at 30 Minute Crafts.
Make a whimsical bouquet worthy of a children's book when you follow this Seussian Flower Bouquet tutorial. This project is broken down into 12 separate flowers, so you can make one of each or a whole bunch of your favorite design. Each of these Dr. Seuss craft ideas is an exercise in imagination, which means that no craft supply is off limits. Ribbons, sequins, beads, and other embellishments make this bouquet totally unforgettable. Best of all, it stays in bloom all year.
You can find this project, as well as many other fabulous blogger projects, in our new eBook, The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2014: Decoupage, Sewing, Jewelry Making, and More free eBook. Download your own free copy today!
- Bias tape
- Darice sequins and sequin sheets
- Darice beads
- Darice tassels
- Coats & Clark thread
- Coats & Clark Phoomph
- Floral wire in small and large gauges
- Floral tape
- Polyform Sculpey Premo! clay
- Glass tray
- Duck Tape
- Wooden leaves
- Spray bottle
- Permanent marker
- Floral embellishments
- iLovetoCreate Tulip fabric glitter
- iLovetoCreate Tulip Beads in a Bottle
- Long plastic grass
- Rit Dye
- Disposable containers
- Darice embossing folders
- Floral fabric
- Krazy Glue
- Wooden hearts
- Small drill bit
- Sizzix Triple Fancy Frame Flip-its Die set
- Two different sheets of scrapbook paper
- Washi tape
- Lion Brand yarn
- Lion Brand pom pom maker
- Mod Podge
- Plaid Podgeable Papers
- Plaid Podgeable Shapes
- Foam brushes
Bias Tape Flowers
- Create continuous loops of bias tape that meet in center. Trim excess bias tape.
- Using needle and thread, stitch loops to center of flower.
- Stitch sequins and bead on center of flower.
- Add wire to back for to create stem and cover with floral tape.
Duck Tape Dandelion
- Cut a piece of Duck Tape about 18" long. Fold nearly in half, leaving part of adhesive exposed.
- Cut folded portion of Duck Tape to create fringe.
- Roll Duck Tape around tip of the wire, using all 18."
- Gently open petals of flower.
- Outline edges of floral embellishments with glue. Sprinkle with glitter and let dry.
- Thread wire through the backs of two floral embellishments.
- Bend and twist wire to secure.
Large Sequin Flowers
- Use embossing folders to add texture to sequin sheets.
- Draw flower shapes on sequin sheets. Cut out flowers.
- Stack two flower shapes and poke holes through each with thumbtacks.
- Thread wire through holes. String bead on wire. Twist wire to secure.
- Repeat process using leaf shapes.
- Cover stems with floral tape.
Die Cut Flower
- Using large frame die, cut 6 pieces of scrapbook paper (3 from each color).
- Cut wedge out of short side of each die cut. Secure with washi tape to create cup-like petal.
- Use a thumbtack to create a hole for the wire.
- Twist one end of the wire into tight spiral.
- Thread on 6 petals, first the 3 of one color, then the 3 of the other. Push to end of the spiral.
- Secure with washi tape.
Pom Pom Flower
- Wrap yarn around pom pom maker 50-75 times.
- Tie in middle with piece of yarn.
- Use wire to secure middle of the pom pom before removing it from machine. Secure wire.
- Remove yarn from pom-pom maker. Cut loops.
- Trim edges to even out pom pom.
Mod Podge Flower
- Decoupage Podgeable Papers to 6 Podgeable Shapes (1 circle, 5 ovals, and 1 oval with tab). Let dry.
- Attach floral wire to Podgeable Shape with tab.
- Glue flower together with 5 ovals as petals and circle as center.
- Secure fabric to Phoomph and cut out floral shape.
- Cut an X in center of flower.
- Attach floral wire to the loop at back of tassel.
- Insert tassel into center of flower. Fan fringe of tassel.
- Cover wire with floral tape.
Dyed Floral Stems
- Soak wooden hearts in 1 cup of hot water and 2 tablespoons of dye. After 2 hours, remove from water and let dry.
- Drill holes in top of each heart.
- Thread hearts onto fine gauge wire.
- Wrap fine gauge wire around around heavy gauge wire stem.
- Knead clay. Use green clay for leaves, poking a hole through the center of each with a pencil.
- Surround pink clay with white on 3 sides. Roll into tube.
- Cut tube into segments and shape into petals.
- Connect petals into flower shape.
- Poke holes in base of flower for wire.
- Bake in oven according to package instructions. Allow to cool.
- Secure wire at base of flower. Thread leaves through holes and secure.
Sequin Baby's Breath
- Cut a length of floral wire about 2 yards long. Fold in half.
- Thread on sequin and twist.
- Repeat process, creating branches that extend in all directions.
- Twist stem and trim excess.
- If needed, twist stem around heavier-gauge floral wire.
Tie Dye Leaves
- Sprinkle blue and yellow tie dye powder onto wooden leaves. Spray with water.
- Allow wood to absorb powder, then flip leaves and repeat. Let dry.
- Secure ends of leaves with FrogTape to keep wood from splitting when drilling.
- Drill hole into one end of each of the leaves through FrogTape.
- Remove tape and thread onto wire. Twist wire to secure leaves.
- Split plastic grass into smaller sections.
- Fan out grass and add dew-drops along the blades of grass using Beads in a Bottle. Let dry.
- Unzip zipper and soak in 1 cup of hot water and 2 tablespoons of dye. After 30 minutes, remove zipper, drain, and let dry.
- Unzip zipper, bend each side down to create butterfly wings. Cut at fold to make wings bend.
- Secure with needle and thread.
- Glue floral wire to back of butterfly using Krazy glue.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Serenity Active Yarn
- Colorific Quilt Pages to Color
- How to Color: Colored Pencil Basics for the Crafter
- Christmas Coloring Page Ornament
- Melted Peppermint Ornaments
- Angel Ornament Toilet Paper Roll Craft
- How To Sew a Star Softie
- How To Sew A Welt Zipper Pocket
- Driftwood Oversized Hooded Poncho
- Holiday Knit Slippers