Felt Cake and Brownies
Make play food for kids from nothing more than a little felt. This felt cake and brownies from Kim Kenward is calorie free and super simple.
- 1 inch wooden blocks (available at any craft store)
- Brown felt
- Hot glue
- Silk or ribbon flowers
- Ribbon and/or rick rack *optional, but it looks really pretty
- I used 1 inch blocks for the base of the brownie. I cut enough fabric to wrap around my block and then used hot glue to adhere the felt to the block. I folded the ends of the felt just like you would wrap packages.
- I then glued ribbon and/or rick rack around the diameter of the brownie and added a ribbon flower on top.
- 2 styrofoam circles
- Pink paint and brush
- Pink felt
- Rick rack or ribbon
- Ribbon flowers or silk flowers
- Glue styrofoam circles together with hot glue and trace 2 circles onto felt and cut out.
- Paint sides of styrofoam with pink paint. I also painted the top and bottom but it wouldn't be necessary.
- I stuck the styrofoam in front of a fan to speed up the dry time. It was done in about 20 minutes (10 minutes per side). I then hot glued the felt to the top and bottom of the styrofoam.
- I added rick rack around the edges with hot glue and embellished the cake with mini ribbon flowers.