Chapstick Holder Keyfob
If you constantly need lip balm throughout the day but can never find it in your bag, you need this Chapstick Holder Keyfob! This cute DIY accessory is easy to make and can be customized to any sized lip balm or lip gloss. All you need for this easy sewing pattern is some felt, a key ring, some Velcro, and access to a sewing machine. This project can also be an adorable little change purse for an adult, teen, or child. Just throw some cash in there and you're ready to run out of the house on a quick errand without having to carry a bulky purse.
For more sewing projects, take a look at this unique list of 31 Free Sewing Patterns.
- Felt (can also be flannel or any other nonfraying material)
- Key ring
- Sewing machine (You can do with or without a sewing machine for this one).
- Cut a square piece that measures 3 1/2 inches by 5 inches.
- At 2 1/2 inches from the top, cut to a halfway point.
- Then trim lengthwise to make an L shape.
- You'll be folding over the bottom part and sewing it shut. But first sew on the velcro pieces.
- Using use a small, longer rectangular piece of felt, sew on the keychain. You can also sew it on the side before you sew, or even the bottom.
- Now you can add the flower, or any other decoration you like.For the flower, cut out a flower shape from felt, then add a button for the middle and sew it on with embroidery thread.
- Add the keyring and finish.
If you can't stand being unorganized when you're out and about, maybe it's time to get a new purse. Check out our free eBook "How to Make a Purse: 20 Patterns for Sewing Totes, Bags and More" for ideas on how to get started making your own purse.
Read NextWinter Candy Jar Gnome Bottles