We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
This Handyman Bouquet from Terri O. makes a great gift for the man in your life. Made with electrical tape, burlap, canvas, and screen, this colorful bouquet is great for Father's Day or would even be suitable for fall or Thanksgiving. Men of all ages will love this colorful floral arrangement and, best of all, they don't have to worry about watering it! This is a great way to show dads, brothers, and husbands just how much you care.
- 12-gauge wire
- Green grounding connectors (wire caps)
- Hot glue gun and glue
- 22-gauge wire
- Spray paint, variety
Canvas Flower Supplies:
- Canvas dropcloth, cut into four 5-inch squares
Window Screen Flower Supplies:
- Gray window screen, cut into 3-inch-by-18-inch strips
- Sawtooth picture hangers
Paper Stalk Flower Supplies:
- Painters' ropen paper, cut into three 6-inch squares, two 7-inch triangles and one 2-inch-by-6-inch strip
Burlap Flower Supplies:
- Rolled burlap, cut into three 6-inch squares
- Standard duty wallpaper paste, combined 1 part water and 1 part wallpaper paste
- Paper cups
Electrical Tape Eucalyptus Supplies:
- Electrical tape, brown
- Seed Cover Leaf Supplies:
- Electrical tape, green
- Seed cover fabric, cut into 10-inch squares
For Canvas Flowers: Paint canvas squares with desired spray paint. Cut canvas squares across two sides, leaving a solid area of 2 inches in the center of square. Fold squares; gather in the center with 22-gauge wire. Separate layers and gently pull in different directions. Hot glue onto a green grounding connector and attach to a 12-gauge wire stem.
For Window Screen Flowers: Paint screen desired color. Fold each side of screen toward its center. Attach 22-gauge wire to sawtooth picture hanger. Lay strip of screen across hanger; wrap tightly with wire. After each wrap, make a 1- to 2-inch loop; wrap again. Repeat process until length of picture hanger is covered. Spread loops apart; shape as desired. Hot glue onto a green grounding connector and attach to a 12-gauge wire stem.
For Paper Stalk Flowers: From the paper squares, cut a 4-sided propeller shape. From the paper triangles, cut a 3-sided propeller shape. Cut a 2-sided propeller shape from the paper strip. Paint paper as desired. Cut 12-gauge wire to desired length. Twist green grounding connector onto wire. Slide a 4-sided paper propeller onto wire; secure with hot glue. Repeat process, leaving a 3-inch space between each propeller.
For Burlap Flowers: Cut squares into 4-sided pinwheel shapes. Dip into wallpaper paste mixture; drape over paper cup to dry. Cut 12-gauge wire to desired length. Twist a green grounding connector onto wire. Place 3 dried pinwheels together; slide onto wire. Push center into green grounding cap; secure with hot glue.
For Electrical Tape Eucalyptus: Cut 12-gauge wire to desired length. At top of wire, pinch tape together. Continue wrapping tape around wire, leaving a 3/4-inch pinched tab after each wrap. After entire length of wire is wrapped, clip tab edges to create the look of rounded leaves.
- For Seed Cover Leaf: Paint tape and wire green. Cut 12-gauge wire to desired length. Fold green seed cover fabric in half twice, to create a small square. Pinch bottom corners together; press against wire about 4 inches from the top. Starting above the leaf, wrap green electrical tape around wire. Tightly wrap gathered section, shaping cloth like a leaf. Repeat process until desired number of leaves are made.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Cozy Cabin Slippers for Men
- Upcycled Back Scratcher with Video
- Golf Ball Flowers for Father's Day
- Personalized Father's Day Hammer
- Top 8 Homemade Crafts for Father's Day
- 10 of the Best Father's Day Craft Ideas
- Necktie Cell Phone Case
- Dad and Son Tie Dye Camo Set
- Keepsake Box for Dad
- Crafts for Father's Day: 36 Homemade Father's Day Gift Ideas free eBook
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Valentine Pompom Wreath
- Glittery I Love You T-Shirt for a Stuffed Bear
- 8" Tapestry Snowflake Afghan Square
- Polka Dot Coffee Cup DIY
- The Wave Beanie
- The Scarf of Many Colors
- Messy Bun Crochet Hat
- Simple Slouch Pom Pom Beanie Crochet Hat
- Double V Slouch Beanie Crochet Hat
- Paint Storage Idea
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home