Egg Stravaganza Dimensional Eggs
Create a collection of beautiful Easter eggs with Sakura of America Sticklers™ vinyl outline stickers and a Sakura’s Glaze® and Soufflé™ pens. The dimensional inks dry in only a few minutes on the egg surface of your choice. To create the pretty porcelain container, see this project. Project thanks to Sakura of America.
- Hen’s eggs: Hard boil and dye the eggs. Make sure eggs are dry and at room temperature before you begin to decorate them. (Warning: un-refrigerated eggs are decorative only - not to be eaten later!) Option - Blow the egg white and yolks out of the shell before you dye and decorate them.
A hint for working on real eggs: You can keep the eggs from rolling while you work on them by putting them on top of an old terrycloth towel inside the lid of a box (a shoe box is perfect). The towel will also hold the eggs in place while the ink dries.
- Plastic eggs: No preparation needed. If eggs are to be filled with candy or small gifts, make sure to cut the Sticklers stickers if they would overlap the place where the halves join so the two halves of the egg can be taken apart, or avoid decorating that portion of the egg. It is easiest to fill the eggs AFTER they are decorated.
- Wood eggs: Base coat with acrylic paint.
- Paper mache eggs: Base coat with paint formulated for paper surfaces.
- Glazed porcelain or ceramic eggs: No preparation needed.
- Sakura of America Sticklers™ vinyl outline stickers in silver or gold
- Sakura of America Glaze® dimensional ink pens
- Sakura of America Soufflé™ dimensional ink pens
Optional - for dimensional additions (butterfly, etc.) you also need:
- Arrange one or more butterfly, flower or dragonfly vinyl outline stickers on the egg.
- Place the egg on a terry cloth towel so it won’t roll. Fill in the stickers using Souffle pens where you want pastel opaque color, using Glaze pens where you want translucent color, or a combination of the two. Work on a few sections at a time so that the areas of the sticker where the ink is wet remain on top of the egg. DO NOT ROTATE THE EGG TO WORK ON OTHER AREAS TILL THE INK IS THOROUGHLY DRY.
- Add dots or other details as shown or as desired.
- For a dimensional addition (butterfly, dragonfly, leaf, flower, etc.) place the desired sticker on acetate. Color it, cut it out, and bend back the wings, petals, or a stem. Attach the dimensional element to the egg using a small dab of Ranger Glossy Accents to glue it in place.
Read NextSilk Tie Easter Eggs