Easter Eggs: Easter Egg Designs, Tips for Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs, Egg Recipes
Easter's Artist Bunny Figure
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
This Easter bunny decided to become an artist and decorate his own eggs this year. Create this figurine as a table or room decoration, or put it in a child's Easter basket as a special surprise.
- STYROFOAM Brand Foam:
- Balls, one each: 3"; 1-1/2"
- Eggs: 5", one; 3", one; 2-1/2", two
- Felt: 45" light brown plush, 1/3 yd.; light pink, bright green, dark brown, 9" x 12" sheet each
- Cotton fabric, one 6" square each: bright pink; yellow; bright green
- Pink embroidery floss
- Heavy-duty sewing thread
- Black beads, 6mm, two
- Serrated knife
- Candle stub or paraffin
- Paintbrush, for bunny to hold
- Needles: sewing; embroidery
- Extra-long straight pins
- Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- Powdered cosmetic blush (optional)
- Cotton-tipped swab (optional)
For pattern, click here.
- Wax serrated knife with candle stub or paraffin. Cut and discard thin slices from bottoms of 3" (head) and 1-1/2" (tail) foam balls, and from wide end of 5" foam egg (body). Cut remaining eggs in half lengthwise.
- Use compass to draw one circle of each size on wrong side of plush felt: 12" (body); 9" (head); 5" (tail); 3" (base). Cut circles and patterns from felt as indicated; label lightly with pencil.
- Place 3" egg halves (feet), flat side down, on wrong side of remaining plush felt. Draw a line around each foot, 1-1/2" larger than foam. Trace second pair of 3" eggs, drawing line at foam edge. Cut out.
- To cover feet, center egg half, rounded side down, on larger plush foot cut in Step 3. Bring felt up to flat side. Pin felt at four opposite points; gather excess between pins. Glue felt to foam; let dry. Remove pins. Glue smaller plush feet to flat sides of egg halves; flat side of feet will point toward body when assembled.
- Using cotton fabrics, repeat Step 3 for 2-1/2" egg halves, reserving one half-egg for another project. Cover three remaining egg halves in same way as feet.
- To cover head and body, use heavy-duty thread to sew gathering stitch close to edge of felt circles. Place head and body, rounded side down, in circle centers. Tightly pull thread to gather felt around flat base of foam shapes; knot to secure. Glue 3" felt base to bottom of body.
- Using three strands of embroidery floss, insert embroidery needle into flat bottom of head. Push needle through center front of face, make 1/2"-long straight stitch "mouth", then push needle back through to bottom of head. Knot thread to secure.
- Using photo as guide, glue nose to face. Use scissors point to make two small holes for eyes. Glue beads into holes. Use cotton-tipped swab to apply blush to cheeks, if desired.
- Glue two arm pieces wrong sides together. Repeat. Glue arms to body at "X" indicated on pattern. Glue feet to front of body and tail to back of body so bunny sits steadily. Glue head to body.
- Using photo as guide, glue paw, finger, foot, and toe pads to appropriate pieces.
- Glue inner ears to wrong side of outer ears. Overlap opposite sides of ear bottoms and glue to top of head, 1-1/2" apart.
- Cut following pieces from bright green felt for bow: 4" x 12"; 1" x 8"; 1" x 2". Beginning at one side, wrap 8" strip around neck; glue to secure. Glue short ends of largest piece together, forming tube. With glued ends at center, pinch felt together and wrap with short strip of felt; glue to secure. Glue bow to side of neck.
- Glue paintbrush to paw and flat sides of Easter eggs to bunny.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow. For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.
For more great Easter craft ideas, check out our free Easter craft eBook.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- "Easter Eggs: Easter Egg Designs, Tips for Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs, Egg Recipes" free eBook
- DIY Easter Basket Ideas: 28 Easter Baskets to Make
- Crochet Chick Toy
- Bunny Peeps Bunting
- 11 Easter Crafts for Kids
- "Hop into Spring: Easter Craft and Recipe eBook"
- Cute Styrofoam Cup Bunny
- Pink Crochet Easter Basket
- Mini Cupcake Easter Baskets
- Tiny Easter Bunnies
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Peanut Free Halloween Treat Envelope
- Fall Acorn Mandala Adult Coloring Page
- Christmas Bauble Mandala Adult Coloring Page
- Floral Mandala Adult Coloring Page
- Pumpkin Feast Adult Coloring Page
- 17 Free Crochet Patterns for Rugs
- All About Your Heart Coloring Page
- Top 6 Things to Do While Crafting
- Crochet Easy Ribbed Scarf
- 1920s Inspirational Quote Adult Coloring Page
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home