22 Decorative Storage Ideas
By: Karisa Tell, Editor for FaveCrafts.com
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Decorative storage bins and totes are a great way to make your home look less cluttered while also adding your personal style to any room in your house. Make these storage solutions yourself and personalize them to fit your style and storage needs. We've got a DIY storage solution for anyone. Declutter your bedroom and bathroom, organize your office, learn how to utilize wall space to the best of its potential, and craft tons of decorative storage boxes and bins to use in any room of the house.
22 Decorative Storage Ideas
Table of Contents
The bathrooms and bedrooms are often the messiest, most cluttered rooms in the house. Wrangle your clutter and organize everything in decorative storage containers that fit with your decorating style. When you DIY, you can design decorative storage bins and other storage solutions to look however you want.
Sophisticated Bathroom Storage: Organize your bathroom while adding some decorative flair with these Cricut decorating ideas. The sophisticated bathroom storage container is ideal for hiding odds and ends in the bathroom.
Bed Pockets: Create these crafty bed pockets for a great do-it-yourself storage solution for the bedroom. Perfect for storing books, magazines, and other items, kids especially will enjoy using these unique storage containers to keep their rooms clean and their belongings safe.
Cute Toilet Paper Storage: Looking for DIY storage solutions? Repurpose an oatmeal container to use as cute toilet paper storage that will blend in nicely with your bathroom decor.
Beady Jewelry Holder: Decorate a plastic box to store your retainer, or to hold jewelry. This is a great way to personalize your belongings if you're going to camp or on a trip. It just takes seconds!
- NEW! DIY Inspiration Board: This great project for a padded fabric and ribbon inspiration board comes to us from Allison of the ever-inspiring Petit Elefant. Using fabric which matches your decor, create one for the kitchen or the crafting corner in your home.
Short on room? Start using your walls as storage space by making one (or all!) of these hanging storage solutions. If you've got small closets or cramped rooms with little surface space to set things on, take advantage of your vertical space and hang up your junk. An added bonus of making decorative storage for your walls is that it doubles as wall art!
Pocket Hanging Storage Crochet Pattern: Crochet a pocket catch-all to hang from a door or in the closet for extra storage. This is an attractive way to keep essentials easily at hand.
Floral Wall Organizer: Learn how to make a fabric wall hanging organizer with this handy tutorial from Earth Safe Finishes. This Floral Wall Organizer is great for storing recipes, mail or whatever else needs some order.
Water Bottle Storage: Upcycle some water bottles into storage instead of letting them sit in land fills. You can have an organized craft room while being green if you recycle containers with water bottle storage.
Crochet Baby Hanging Storage: Crochet a handy hanging catch-all for baby with pockets for any baby essentials, toys or accessories. A gingham heart and border makes it a decorative accent for the nursery.
- NEW! Dresser Drawer Frames: Transform Dresser Drawer Frames into unique and stylish wall art. With a cheap chest of drawers, you can create this fun storage system, perfect for displaying art or storing bathroom items. Thrift store crafts like this are always so much fun to put together!
Decorative storage totes, decorative storage bins, and other containers work hardest in the office. Manage your pen collection, stash important papers, and file away things you don't use on a daily basis using these genius office storage solutions that you can make yourself. You won't believe what some of these decorative storage ideas are made from!
Water Bottle Supply Organizer: Here are some great ideas for crafts made from recycled items. Use these instructions to make a water bottle supply organizer, an easy way to organize your crafting supplies with water bottles and other recycled items!
Desktop File Box: Create a cute, garden-themed box in which to organize seeds with tabbed dividers. Not a gardener? Use it to organize note cards with recipes, addresses, and more! You can also add magazine clippings to the different sections.
Trendy Magazine Holder: Your magazines will have a trendy place to hang out in this painted espresso and spa blue holder.
Stainless Steel Office Organizer: This unique mail organizer is easy to make and budget-friendly. Recycle old CD's to create a fun organizer for your office.
- NEW! Colorful Bead Jar: If you need a organized yet adorable method of storing beads, then you'll love this Colorful Bead Jar. Upcycle items you would otherwise throw away thanks to glass jar crafts like this one. Add colorful beads to the glass for a pretty look.
Fancy and Fabulous Storage Containers: If you're looking for fun storage crafts that can be used year round, decoupage ideas like these Fancy And Fabulous Storage Containers are a perfect match. Decoupage paper mache boxes like these and you can store anything in them!
Bird's Nest Photo Box: Paint a beautiful spring scene complete with bird's nest and vibrant flowers to store your photographs and other memories. This painted storage box makes a great Mother's Day or birthday gift.
Classy CD Storage: Stack CDs in this fresh, funky storage box, made with soft acrylic paint and embellished with a monogram.
Floral Vegetable Storage Crates: Store everything from potatoes and other veggies to gardening supplies in these cheerful, colorful storage crates.
Macaroni Art Box: Dried pasta crafts are a great way to save money and skip a trip to the craft store! You might remember crafting with food as a child, but there's nothing juvenile about this Macaroni Art Box. Use this crafty box to stay organized or store important items
Treasure Box: Create an altered art treasure box made with embossed metal, stamp art and wire form.
- NEW! Decoupage Storage Bins: Turn a plain wood storage bin into a beautiful home decorating accent with this decoupage craft project. Use your favorite scrapbook papers and embellishments for this decorative storage project.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- 11 Easter Crafts for Kids
- 100+ Easter Crafts
- Duo of Bears Unisex Baby T-Shirt
- Cross My Heart Treat Bag
- How to Sew a Zipper into a Lined Skirt
- Tiny Valentine Gift Boxes
- Pretty Hearts Hot Pad
- DIY Mini Pallet Photo Magnets
- Padded Denim Hearts for Decoration or Keyring
- Faux Topiary Heart Place Card Holders