So Sweet Candy Pillows
These pillows from I Love to Create are so sweet and cuddly. Use paper towels and shelf paper as a resist, spray on the colors, wrap the fabric around a pillow form and you’ve created a tasty treat for your home décor.
- Tulip® Cool Color Spray™ for Fabric
- Pinking shears
- Scratch paper
- 2 Pillow forms, 1 ea. round and roll
- ¾ yd. White fabric per pillow
- Safety pins - optional
- Self-adhesive shelf paper
- Plastic trash bag, large
- Paper towels
- 1-½ yds. Neon pink or lime ribbon
- Permanent felt pen
- Needle and thread, white
Prewash fabrics to remove sizing. Do not use fabric softener in washer or dryer.
1. Cover work surface with trash bag.
2. Iron fabric smooth.
3. Cut several 3-½” wide strips from paper towels. Lay two or three strips to form diagonal stripes across center of fabric. Lay more strips about 4” from first on both sides. Measure a 24” by 26” rectangle and place paper towels along line.
4. Start Lime spray on paper towel to get feel of spray. Spray an even coat of Neon Green Cool Color Spray between paper towels. Let dry. If desired, apply a second coat for more intense color. Remove paper towel strips and let dry.
5. Cut more strips of paper towel. To create lines of pink between; line up paper towel just off center along white diagonal stripe. Add another opposite first creating about an inch space between. Cover remainder of fabric with paper towels to prevent overspray. Spray with Neon Pink. Remove towels then repeat with remaining stripes. Let dry.
1. Cut off a length of self-adhesive shelf paper. Place paper, shiny side up on work surface. Place pattern under paper then use felt pen to trace four wedge shapes, and cut out.
2. Iron fabric smooth and place on plastic trash bag. Remove backing from a section of shelf paper and place in center of fabric, with pointed end toward center. Remove backing from next piece then press in place touching tips. Add remaining pieces equaling spacing in circle.
3. Add paper towels around edge to prevent overspray. Start Neon Pink spray on paper towels then spray fabric sections. Let dry and re-spray for a more intense color. Let dry then carefully remove shelf paper designs.
4. Trace inner stripe pattern on center of scratch paper and cut out. Center design on white section of fabric. Cover remaining fabric with paper towels then spray Neon Green in design. Move to next section and repeat step. Finish with remainder of sections. Let dry.
1. Place pillow form in center of fabric and wrap with remaining fabric, overlapping in back about 3”, trimming excess fabric if needed. Fold under edge and sew in place for permanent closure or use safety pins for a temporary closure.
2. Cut yard lengths of ribbon. Gather fabric at ends of pillow then tie ribbon around and tie a tight knot to hold in place. Tie ribbon in bow and trim ends in “V”.
3. Use pinking shears to trim excess fabric on ends.
Read NextChristmas in a Jar