Fuse Creativity System Project Guide: Fun Party Themes, Idea for Handmade Cards, And More Paper Crafts from Fiskars
Graduation Celebration Centerpiece
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Definitely the center of attention at the graduation celebration! Tulip Spirit Iron-On Appliqué Numbers create the focal point for this easy-to-do centerpiece. Find this craft and 17 other graduation crafts in our FREE Graduation Craft eBook.
- Tulip Spirit Iron-On Appliqué Numbers & Letters
- 24652 #0
- 24654 #2
- 24660 #8
- Tulip Sticky Fabric Stencils
- 23277 Numbers
- Aleene’s Crystal Clear Tacky Spray
- Tulip Soft Fabric Paint
- BI15826 Turquoise
- Pressing cloth
- Cosmetic sponge
- Cardstock, black, turquoise, white
- Mortarboards, 2
- Craft knife
- Scissors, decorative corner trimmer
- Metal ruler
- Styrofoam block
- Fabric, black, enough to cover Styrofoam
- Ribbon, 2” wide, black, ¼” wide, turquoise
- Ironing board
- Wire cutter
- Low tack masking tape
- Metal wire
- Cut 8½ x 9” piece from Styrofoam, using metal ruler and knife. Lightly sand edges smooth, using an extra piece of Styrofoam.
- Cut black fabric to fit around Styrofoam piece. Cover work surface with newspaper. Lay fabric onto work surface, wrong side up. Apply a heavy, even coat of Crystal Clear Tacky Spray to fabric, following instructions on label. Center Styrofoam onto fabric. Smooth fabric around Styrofoam, folding ends as if you were wrapping a gift.
- Remove lower portion from mortarboards, leaving squares.
- Lay black ribbon face down onto clean area of work surface. Apply Crystal Clear Tacky Spray. Smooth ribbon around lower edge of one mortarboard.
- Cut numbers from Sticky Fabric Stencil. Smooth onto ribbon at lower right corner of one mortarboard, running fingernail around edges to ensure a tight seal. Apply masking tape around outer edges and between numbers as needed to create a protective border around stencil.
- Squeeze a puddle of Matte Turquoise Soft Paint onto foil. Gently tap sponge into paint. Tap sponge onto foil to remove excess paint. Tap paint into stencil openings. Repeat procedure until desired coverage is achieved. Remove stencil while paint is wet. Let dry.
- Place both mortarboards face down onto newspaper. Apply Crystal Clear Tacky Spray. Position a mortarboard onto opposite sides of fabric-covered block. Press together firmly.
- Cut two lengths from turquoise ribbon, long enough to wrap around square. Apply Crystal Clear Tacky Spray to back of ribbon. Apply ribbon onto front of centerpiece as shown.
- Cut four slightly varied lengths from wire, using wire cutter. Coil each length to look like a spring.
- Cut eight 6¼ x 4” pieces from black cardstock for background for numbers. Trim corners, using decorative scissors.
- Trace four small ovals onto turquoise cardstock and four large ovals onto white cardstock. Cut out.
- Lay turquoise ovals face down onto newspaper. Apply Crystal Clear Tacky Spray. Center and smooth one onto each white oval.
- Apply Crystal Clear Tacky Spray onto back of each white oval. Center an oval piece onto each background piece. Press together.
- Preheat iron to wool setting. Position a number appliqué onto each oval. Cover with pressing cloth. Press, holding for 15-20 seconds to tack appliqué into place. Turn appliqué face down. Press for 30 seconds more to complete application.
- Lay each appliqué piece face down onto clean newspaper, along with remaining four ovals. Apply Crystal Clear Tacky Spray.
- Lay one end of wire onto back of appliqué piece. Press an oval over wire.
- Cut a row of four holes into top of centerpiece, using craft knife. Insert one end of wire into each hole to create number. Gently bend wires to position numbers as desired.
- Loop tassel around button on center of mortarboard.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- DIY Painted Pillow Patterns
- DIY Burlap Table Runner
- Drop Cloth DIY Rug
- 40+ Fabulous Decoupage Ideas
- Create a Butterfly Haven
- Simple Paper Clip Florals DIY Recycled Crafts
- "Homemade Christmas Gifts: 14 Gift Ideas & DIY Home Decor" free eBook
- 20 Retro Vintage Crafts
- Upcycle a Crate into a Vintage Trunk
- 24 Craft Ideas for Seashells
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Spiced Apple Cider Sugar Scrub Recipe
- Green Tea Sugar Scrub Recipe
- Crochet Utility Mini Basket
- Dr. Seuss Sneetches Costume Idea
- Quicksilver Shawlette
- Make DIY blank books from leftover notebook paper
- Refashion shorts into a skirt
- Repurposed Shutters Sign for Halloween
- Halloween Pencil Box
- 50+ Free Easy Crochet Patterns and Help for Beginners
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home