Flowery Spring Tote
Creating this flowery tote will be great fun with the help of the awesome Tulip® and Aleene’s® products for fabrics!
- Aleene's® Fabric Fusion™ Permanent Dry Cleanable Fabric Adhesive™
- Tulip® 3D Fashion Paint
- 65422 Cotton Candy Sparkles
- 65424 Red Hot Sparkles
- Tulip® Soft Fabric Paint™
- BI15788 Petal Pink
- BI15797 Lime
- Tulip® Glam-It-Up!™ Iron-On Crystals™
- TR327 Pink 4mm
- Paper towels
- Silk flowers
- Plastic to cover work surface
- Tote, white
- Grosgrain ribbons: one roll pink, one roll coordinating stripe, 1-½ yards green
- Plastic container, small
- Paintbrushes: ¾” soft flat, ½” bristle
- Measuring spoons: teaspoon, tablespoon
- Heat tool
1. Prewash tote to remove sizing. Iron.
2. Cover work surface with plastic. Lay tote flat on plastic.
3. Mix one tablespoon water with two teaspoons Petal Pink in plastic container. Dip soft brush into mixture. Flick excess mixture onto a paper towel. Lightly spatter each side of tote with mixture. Repeat process, using Lime. Let dry.
4. Cut six lengths of pink ribbon 10” longer than width of tote. Squeeze Fabric Fusion onto foil. Apply a light, even coat of glue onto center of one length of ribbon, using bristle brush and leaving a 5” length without glue at each end of ribbon. Center ribbon across center of tote, allowing ends to extend off edge. Glue two more ribbons evenly spaced above and below center. Repeat procedure for back of tote. Let dry. Tie ribbons into a knot at sides. Trim excess, cutting on a slant.
5. Glue a length of pink ribbon from bottom seam up and across handle and down to seam at bottom of opposite side. Repeat for other side. Glue striped ribbon onto this pink ribbon.
6. Take silk flowers apart. Separate three large petal sections and three smaller petal sections for each flower. Squeeze Sparkle paints onto foil. Brush Red Hot onto large petal sections and Cotton Candy onto smaller petals. Let dry.
7. Glue petal sections together to make six flowers using Fabric Fusion.
8. Cut nine 6” lengths from green ribbon. Fold and glue ends together to form a leaf.
9. Glue flowers and leaves onto front of tote, using Fabric Fusion. Let dry.
10. Adhere Crystals into flower centers and randomly scattered onto petals and tote using heat tool.
11. Paint dots among Crystals in flower centers, using Red Hot Sparkles. Let dry. Paint a tiny dot onto painted dots using Cotton Candy. Let dry.