36 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Beginners
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Create beautiful afghans, scarves, jackets and more with these 36 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Beginners. Great for using up leftover yarn and practicing your crochet skills, these granny square patterns are fun and easy to create. Mix and match colors to create lovely patterns that can instantly transform your living room or bedroom into a colorful oasis.
BONUS! If you're a visual learner, learn how to make a basic Granny Square Crochet Blanket with this video tutorial from our friends at AllFreeCrochet.
Table of Contents
If you like easy crochet patterns and want more to add to your collection, look no further than 25 Quick and Thrifty Free Crochet Patterns. This free downloadable eBook features a variety of free crochet patterns you simply can't miss. Whether you want to work on a big project or complete something quick and easy, you'll surely find the perfect project. Get the collection: "25 Quick and Thrifty Free Crochet Patterns" eBook
Granny Square Aghans
- Beginner Granny AfghanThis simple granny square afghan is great for beginners and advanced crocheters alike.
- Crochet Granny AfghanThe twists and turns on this crocheted afghan make this design one that stands out among the rest.
- Millionaire's AfghanThere's not a color that's not in this awesome crocheted granny square afghan pattern! With lots of yarns and patterns included, this afghan is truly one in a million.
- Peppermint Candy AfghanThis lovely afghan is adorned with pastel colors against a white background...so it looks like it's made of colorful spring candies.
- Granny Square Crochet AfghanGive your living room a little taste of southern comfort with this country-inspired crocheted granny square pattern.
- Granny Square Crib AfghanThis detailed granny square pattern can be made in any color combination, although the colors in this pattern make this afghan perfect for almost anyone's decor scheme.
More Granny Square Aghans
- Denim Colors Granny Square Throw and PillowThis granny square afghan pattern also comes with directions on how to make a matching pillow. Liven up your living room with this lovely and decorative design.
- Starry Night AfghanColorful jewel tones against a black background make this granny square afghan a striking and vibrant addition to your home decor.
- Autumn Granny AfghanBold fall colors make this warm and cozy afghan perfect for curling up with by a warm fire.
- Weekend-Wonder Giant Granny Square ThrowThis takes granny square afghan to a whole new level. This three-color weekend-wonder giant granny square throw is worked from the center out in one piece, so there are no seams to sew once you finish!
- Earth Tone Granny Square Afghan and PillowThis soft afghan also comes with a pattern to make a matching granny square pillow. Great for living rooms and bedrooms, this granny square afghan works up quickly and also makes a great gift.
Christmas-Themed Granny Square Patterns
- Tis the Season AfghanCrocheted in a simple granny square design, this Tis the Season Afghan is the perfect way to curl up on the couch as you watch your favorite Christmas movie.
- Christmas Noel AfghanSmall and large granny squares come together in this fun Christmas afghan crochet pattern. The holiday yarn colors in this Noel afghan are festive yet refined, perfect for any decor.
- Crochet Christmas Tree SkirtRed, green and white give this tree skirt a festive look that will match your other Christmas decor. This is a simple and fun pattern that will help add a touch of classic Christmas to your tree.
- Ho Ho Holiday AfghanThis simple Ho Ho Holiday Afghan is a great way to help you count down the days until Christmas! Get started on this afghan in the spring or summer to make sure it's ready to go come Christmas time.
- Southern Cross AfghanThis southern style design is great for adding a down home country feel to your holiday decor this year.
- Granny Tree SkirtA crochet Christmas tree skirt is a challenging project, but the results will have all of your friends and relatives looking under your tree! Use your favorite color scheme to design a tree skirt that's durable and vibrant.
Granny Square Bag Patterns
- Granny Square PurseThis sweet purse is great for girls of all ages. A simple crochet pattern for beginners, advanced crocheters, or anyone who's looking for a new small tote to make.
- Granny Square Tunic and Matching PurseCreate your own top and matching bag with this stylish design. Great for women of all shapes and sizes, this top is flattering and figure friendly.
- Cute Crochet Book BagUse this cute crochet bag to tote books to and from the library or class. You can also use it to store an eReader on your trip to the beach.
- Floral Hexagon BagCreate a cute back pack for you or your daughter with this easy granny square pattern. This also makes a cute purse or overnight bag for a little weekend trip.
- Patchwork Felted BagThis cute purse is made of a variety of yarn colors, so it's great for any season. Use up all your yarn scraps to create this stylish and fun shoulder bag that you're sure to love.
Other Granny Square Patterns
- Granny Crochet DishclothThese bright and colorful dishcloths are a great way to add some color to your kitchen or bathroom.
- Easy Ombre DishclothThis simple granny square pattern makes a great gift for a housewarming party.
- Crochet Granny Square ScarfAssemble several small granny squares into one long strip and wear it as a scarf, perfect for any time of year.
- Multi Color Granny SlippersThese cute crocheted slippers are made from simple granny square patterns. These slippers will keep your toes nice and warm as you work on crocheting your next granny square project!
- Flower Granny PonchoThis easy crocheted poncho is perfect for girls of all ages. It's a colorful and cute accessory for those cooler fall evenings and warmer winter days.
- Granny Squares Crochet JacketGranny squares aren't just for blankets anymore! Assemble a collection of colorful granny squares into this bright fun jacket, perfect for spring and fall.
- Knit and Crochet Nature HatThis warm knit hat is embellished with a simple crocheted granny square boarder, so you can combine two fun yarn styles into one project.
- Granny's Square DishclothThis crocheted dishcloth is basically a large granny square pattern. Create your own dishcloth in one color or mix and match colors to create a lovely kitchen accessory that's colorful and fun.
- Granny Square ApronUsing this crochet apron pattern, you can crochet squares and turn them into a delicate, flower embellished apron for an aspiring chef.
NEW! Free Granny Square Patterns
- Use yarn scraps to bring this pretty square to life. The contrast between the yellow and blue is truly eye catching.
- This three-dimensional design is unlike anything you've ever seen. Use only two colors of yarn to complete this outstanding project.
- The textured look and unexpected design help this granny square crochet pattern stand out from the crowd. It also makes a great scrubby or dishcloth.
- If you think something is watching you, you're right. Luckily, it's just this granny square pattern, which features eyes, ears and a nose.
- The popcorn stitch makes this one of the best granny square patterns around. Use a variety of yarn colors to personalize your design.
If you're new to the world of free crochet patterns, never fear. Our free collection of 19 Easy Crochet Afghan Patterns For Beginners will keep you busy without causing stress. Learn how to make an afghan that looks great and feels awesome. These crochet patterns for beginners are perfect for anyone who's short on time but in the mood to craft. Grab your hook and get to work - there are plenty of beginner crochet patterns to fall in love with. Get the collection: 19 Easy Crochet Afghan Patterns For Beginners
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Crochet Pumpkin Patch Bear
- Hanukkah Gift Envelopes
- Easy New Year's Eve Poppers
- Angled Mesh Crochet Scarf
- Candy Corn Crochet Door Basket
- Giant Crochet Cable Pillow
- Crochet Spiderwebs Table Runner
- Crochet Candy Corn Earrings
- Crochet Business Card Holders
- Crochet Halloween Wreath
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home