Favorite Granny Square Crochet Projects
Now that you know how to make a granny square in crochet, here are some great projects to use your new skill. Granny squares require that you know how to crochet in the round. If you are new to crochet, check out our five-part Beginner's Guide to Crochet and watch videos to help you develop crochet skills.
- Though technically a granny hexagon, I had to include Attic24’s beautiful tutorial. The general concept is the same! She shows you how to make the hexagons and join them as you crochet (joining-as-you-go method) into a gorgeous blanket. I’m not sure if you are up to 16 different kinds of yarn, but you certainly have to check out this colorful creation.
- Granny squares become a hip cap/beret with a pattern from Head Huggers. She shows several variations in color and style.
- Little Purl of the Orient used granny squares to create a cozy cover for her daughter’s headboard. This is a great idea.
- Instead of yarn, use recycled plastic bags to crochet a granny square bag. My Recycled Bags shows you how.
- If recycled plastic is not your bag (hardy har hr), the Purse Workshop has an extensive tutorial for making this granny square purse.
- How about some Granny Square tortoises? Roman Sock shares a fabulous pdf for how to make these little cuties.
- For all things Granny Square, do check out the ever-fun Granny-Along blog.
Read NextCrochet Heart Potholder