24 Unique Crochet Stitches: The Crocodile Crochet Stitch, Bobble Stitch, Pineapple Stitch, and More
By: Melissa Conner, Editor of FaveCrafts.com
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Have you always wanted to learn the crocodile crochet stitch? Or maybe you need to master the pineapple stitch so you can make some doilies for an upcoming celebration...whatever the reason, we have 24 great projects to help you master these fun and unique crochet stitches!
The crocodile crochet stitch is so fun to use once you've mastered the skill. From scarves to purses, this stitch can do wonders in taking your clothing and accessories to new levels.
Put your crochet skills to use with a free eBook full of crochet ideas. Download your free copy of 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More today!
The bobble stitch is equally as fun, helping add texture and dimension to your patterns. Great for children's blankets, sweaters, and free crochet hat patterns, the bobble stitch is easy to learn and fun to use!
And when you're looking for something a little more formal, there's nothing better than the pineapple stitch. Great for making free crochet doily patterns, shawls, and wraps, the pineapple stitch gives you a lacy look to your work that is perfect for evening attire and soft home decor schemes.
Finally, add some fun flair to your projects by learning how to crochet a ruffle. The ruffle stitch is perfect for scarves, purses, and skirts, and with these free easy crochet patterns, you'll master the ruffle stitch in no time!
Improve your skills and beef up your crochet stitches list by practicing the crocodile crochet stitch, pineapple stitch, and other crochet stitch patterns with these fun and unique crochet patterns!
24 Unique Crochet Stitches Table of Contents
The crocodile crochet stitch, so named because it looks like crocodile scales, is a great technique to learn if you love making crochet scarves, hats, and bags. With these free crochet patterns, you'll pick up on the crochet crocodile stitch in no time...and will be able to create fun crocheted accessories that are sure to please! Free crochet stitch patterns help you expand your skills and try something new.
Learn How to Create the Crocodile Stitch here:
- Crocodile Stitch Change Purse: With fun free crochet stitches, design and texture are easy to create. There's no crocodile skin here, just a sweet little coin purse that's great for brides, mom's, or your best friend! The crocodile crochet stitch does it all - you'll never be bored with the look of your piece.
- Mermaid Tear Purse: Free easy crochet patterns like this cute Mermaid Tear purse are a great accessory for you or a friend! Master the crocodile crochet stitch in no time with this sweet purse pattern, and don't forget to embellish it with a crochet flower! This is a great excuse to show your love of crochet. Crocodile stitch projects are so much fun to make and this purse is a fantastic example.
- Crocodile Flip Flops: With the crocodile crochet stitch, you can turn uncomfortable summer sandals into stylish and soft footware that is perfect for the beach and shopping around town! Crochet stitch patterns can turn a boring project into something truly extraordinary.
- Rio Scarf: Use the crocodile crochet stitch to create a colorful and fun crochet scarf that is great for fall and winter. Made with colorful yarn, this crocodile stitch pattern will have all your friends and family asking for a Rio Scarf of their very own!
Crochet stitches like the bobble stitch are a fun way to liven up your crochet patterns. From sweaters to scarves, the bobble stitch makes your patterns pop and gives dimension and texture to your projects.
- Crochet Bobble Sweater: Use a unique crochet stitch to create a crochet sweater that is great for kids and adults. Add some texture and style to your crochet sweater pattern by embellishing it with fun bobble stitches.
- Diamond Bobble Baby Blanket: Looking for free crochet stitch patterns for boys and girls? This sweet bobble blanket is just the thing! Made with soft yarn, this sweet baby blanket is perfect for new babies, toddlers, and even young kids!
- Mesh and Bobble Hat Pattern: Free crochet hat patterns, like this mesh and bobble hat, are great accessories for fall, spring, and winter. This easy-to-make hat shows that crochet stitch patterns can become great gifts for everyone on your list!
- Bobble Dog Coat: Need some easy free crochet patterns for beginners? Try making this Bobble Dog Coat for your furry little friend! Unlike the crocodile crochet stitch, the bobble stitch is very easily mastered, so you can add lots of bobbles to your pattern with ease! There are free crochet stitch patterns for everyone, you just have to look for them.
- Shimmering Lacy Bobble Scarf: Great for Christmas gatherings or as a homemade Christmas gift for a loved one, this scarf and wrist warmer set will not only keep you warm during the holiday season, but will help you sparkle and shine when made with Shimmer Yarn from Red Heart Yarns.
- Soft Bobble Afghan: Is there anything better that curling up with a warm and coze afghan? The unique crochet stitches used in this pattern add an unexpected texture to a standard project. Give this afghan as a baby shower gift - little ones will love curling up with it!
- NEW! Bumpy Baby Blanket: This beautiful baby's blanket has a textured stitch that your little one might call "bumpy"! Have fun with this easy crochet pattern from Bernat Yarns.
As you review your free crochet stitches, you might come across something called the pineapple stitch. Perfect for doilies and lightweight scarves, the crochet pineapple stitch is fun, but you get the hang of it. With these free crochet stitch patterns for doilies, wraps, and more, you'll master this intermediate stitch in no time!
Learn How to Create the Pineapple Stitch here:
- Pineapple Scarf Crochet Pattern: With these different crochet stitches, you'll pick up this fun stitch in no time. This pineapple scarf is great for a tropical getaway or a fun way to celebrate summer any time of year!
- Pineapple Lace Shawl: Want to try new crochet stitch patterns? This elegant shawl is great for an evening cover up. Inspired by the doily pineapple stitch, free crochet doily patterns like this can be used for much more than table decor!
- Crochet Doily: Perfect for weddings, showers, home decor and more, free crochet doily patterns, like this Pineapple Doily, make wonderful gifts. This lacy pattern can also be used to add some soft style to your tablescape.
- Goddess Shawl: Embrace your inner goddess with this stunning crochet pineapple stitch evening shawl. Great for a summer night out, this light and elegant accessory is a must have for goddesses everywhere!
- Sidewalk Shawl: Fashionable and comfortable, this Sidewalk Shawl is made using the crochet pineapple stitch. Perfect for those cool fall evenings, this elegant shawl turns a unique crochet stitchino a great addition to any outfit.
- Pretty Crochet Doily: Challenge yourself by trying a new pattern with the crochet pineapple stitch. This doily looks beautiful and elegant on a kitchen table. Free crochet stitches can take you back in time and this pattern shows how a simple modification to a pattern can make a huge impression.
If you're looking for different crochet stitches or just some fun ways to add a little style to your next crochet project, consider learning how to make ruffles! Ruffle purses and skirts are fun to wear and show off...and are perfect for any and every season!
- Ruffle Purse: This sweet ruffle purse is great for summer! It's frilly and feminine, yet functional and fabulous! Make one for you and all your favorite girlfriends!
- Strawberry Truffles Skirt: What's better than unique crochet patterns? Free crochet stitch patterns! This strawberry truffles skirt is great for little girls! They'll love showing off the sweet ruffles in this skirt and you'll love how easy and fun this project is to make!
- Formal Ruffle Purse: Crochet a formal purse for your evenings out on the town with this intermediate purse crochet pattern. This formal purse features a ruffle flap and stylized strap.
- Ruffle Capelet: Girls of all ages will love this sweet capelet! The lacy edging of this project makes is perfect for spring and summer, and little girls will love the unique crochet stitch and bright colors in this fun and fabulous pattern.
- Double the Fun Potato Chip Scarf: This thick bouncy scarf will keep you warm all winter long! Great for showing school pride or team spirit, this crochet scarf pattern is double the fun of a regular potato chip scarf.
- Deep V Flourish Sweater Jacket: Are you up for a challenge? Use your crochet skills to create a light and airy jacket that looks stunning. The sweet ruffles turn this otherwise boring design into a piece of art. The fashionable look and unique crohet stitches help the jacket stand out.
- NEW! Ruffle Jacket: Learn how to crochet a ruffle jacket and you'll feel stylish every time you wear it. This free crochet pattern even comes with instructions for crocheting a belt that matches your sweater.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Best Yarn for Blankets
- Japanese Creations
- Japanese Creations Chigiri-e Washi Paper Art Kits
- Turn Broken Flip Flops into DIY Stamps
- Gorgeous DIY Button Bracelets
- Dancing Sheep Basket
- Bib and Burp Cloth
- Crochet Coasters for Beginners
- Wood Burning Guide for Beginners
- Retro Round Ripple Pillow