We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Make this beautiful crochet Christmas stocking pattern to hang above your fireplace this year. The Holly Stocking from Red Heart Yarn is a wonderful addition to your holiday decorations. Made with sparkly Red Heart Holiday yarn, this stocking will glimmer in the light of your tree or fireplace. Embellish the stocking with an initial or name if you'd like...or fill it with baked goods and hand them out to your neighbors and friends. This is an easy crochet project that's great for a beginner.
- 1 ball Red Heart Holiday Yarn in White w/Silver Metallic
- 1 ball Red Heart Holiday Yarn in Green w/Silver Metallic
- 2 balls Red Heart Holiday Yarn in Red w/Silver Metallic
- 6.5 mm [US K-10.5] and 4mm [US G-6] crochet hook
- Yarn needle
- 13 sts = 5”; 14 rows = 4½” in sc with double strand of yarn and larger hook. CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size hook to obtain the gauge.
Use 2 strands of a color held together as one unless otherwise specified.
- With larger hook and A, ch 43.
- Row 1 (Right Side): (Sc, hdc) all in 2nd ch from hook, * sc in next ch, hdc in next ch; repeat from * to last ch; (sc, hdc) all in last ch; turn – 44 sts.
- Rows 2-8: Ch 1, * sc in hdc, hdc in sc; repeat from * across; turn.
- Row 9: Ch 2, slip st in first 2 sts, * ch 2, slip st in next 2 sts; repeat from * across. Fasten off.
- LEG: With larger hook and B, ch 43.
- Row 1 (Right Side): Sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across; turn – 42 sc.
- Next Row: Ch 1, sc in each sc across; turn.
- Repeat last row until 10" from beginning, end wrong side row. Fasten off.
- With right side facing skip 32 sc; join C; ch 1, sc in last 10 sc; bring other side of leg around and sc in first 10 sc; turn –20 sc.
- Next Row: Ch 1; draw up a loop next 2 sc, yo and draw through all 3 loops on hook – dec made; sc in each sc to last 2 sc; dec; turn –18 sc.
- Repeat last row to dec 1 st each end of every row until 4 sts remain. Work 1 row even. Now inc 1 st (inc = work 2 sc in a st) each end of every row until there are 20 sc. Fasten off.
- With right side facing, skip first 10 sc of heel, join B in next sc; ch 1, sc in last 10 sc of heel, skip row ends of heel, [dec over next 2 sc of leg] twice, sc in next 14 sc, [dec] twice, skip row ends of heel, sc in remaining 10 sc of heel; turn –38 sc. Continue in sc, dec 1 st each end of every 6th row twice – 34 sts. Work even until foot measures 5" from last row of heel, end wrong side row, changing to C. Cut B.
- Next Row: With C, ch 1, dec, sc in next 13 sc, [dec] twice, sc in next 13 sts, dec; turn – 30 sts.
- Next Row: Ch 1, dec, sc in next 11 sc, [dec] twice, sc in next 11 sc, dec; turn – 26 sts.
- Next Row: Ch 1, dec, sc in next 9 sc, [dec] twice, sc in next 9 sc, dec; turn – 22 sts.
- Next Row: Ch 1, dec, sc in next 7 sc, [dec] twice, sc in next 7 sc, dec; turn – 18 sts.
- Next Row: Ch 1, dec, sc in next 5 sc, [dec] twice, sc in next 5 sc, dec; turn – 14 sts.
- Next Row: Ch 1, dec, sc in next 3 sc, [dec] twice, sc in next 3 sc, dec; turn – 10 sts. Fasten off.
- Holding right side of cuff against wrong side of leg, attach yarn and work slip st in each st across through both layers. Fasten off.
- Sew toe, foot, heel, leg and cuff seams. If heel rows have formed gaps in the fabric, weave matching yarn through sts on wrong side to close them. Turn cuff to right side.
- With A, ch 13; sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across. Fasten off. Fold in half and sew inside cuff at seam.
Leaf (Make 3)
- With smaller hook and a single strand of C, ch 8.
- Rnd 1: 3 Dc in 4th ch from hook, hdc in next 2 ch, sc in next ch, 3 sc in last ch; working across opposite side of ch, sc in next ch, hdc in next 2 ch, 3 dc in same ch as first 3 dc; join with a slip st in top of ch-3.
- Rnd 2: Ch 1, 3 sc in same st as joining, * sc in next st; ch 2, slip st in side loops of last sc made – picot made; [sc in next st, (sc, picot) all in next st] 3 times *, (2 sc, ch 3, slip st in 3rd ch from hook, sc) all in next sc; repeat from * to * once more; join to first sc. Fasten off.
Berries (Make 4)
- With smaller hook and a single strand of B, ch 2; 8 sc in 2nd ch from hook; join with a slip st to first sc. Fasten off.
- With needle, weave yarn end through top loops of all sts; draw up tightly and secure. Sew leaves and berries to cuff as shown. Weave in ends.
Thanks to Red Heart, more free patterns for Christmas projects fill the Jolly Holidays eBook.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 34 Easy Crochet Christmas Gifts
- Zigzag Christmas Throw and Pillow
- Crocheted Snowflake Table Runner
- Alaskan Winter Crochet Afghan
- Candy Cane Crochet Hot Pad
- Home for the Holidays Afghan
- Crochet Christmas Stockings: 14 Free Patterns
- Tabletop Crochet Christmas Tree
- Christmas Pinwheel Placemat and Coasters
- Christmas Decoration Potholders
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Hanukkah Gift Envelopes
- Easy New Year's Eve Poppers
- Angled Mesh Crochet Scarf
- Candy Corn Crochet Door Basket
- Giant Crochet Cable Pillow
- Crochet Spiderwebs Table Runner
- Crochet Candy Corn Earrings
- Crochet Business Card Holders
- Crochet Halloween Wreath
- How to Make Glitter Jar and Tealight Candles
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home