Under 6 Hours Crochet Throw Pattern
One day crochet afghan patterns don't get better than this.
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Make a free crochet throw pattern to create your own afghan in just under six hours. That's right - you can crochet an entire afghan in just one night. Easy crochet patterns are perfect for beginners and this one is sure to keep you busy.This fast and fun work-up shows you how to crochet a throw pattern that will add some cuddly options to any room in your house. Whether you drape this free crochet throw pattern over your living room couch or keep it at the end of the bed in your guest room, it is sure to get some use.
The warm, chunky yarn makes this the perfect winter accessory for anyone who wants to hide from the cold. If you like free crochet patterns but don't have a lot of time to get crafty, work on this project - you can work on it while you catch up on your favorite television shows.
PS: Find more crochet throw patterns below, and check out our video tutorial on double crochet!
Throw is worked with 1 strand of each color yarn held together.
Crochet HookQ or 16mm hook
Yarn Weight(5) Bulky/Chunky (12-15 stitches for 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge3 V-sts + 4 rows = 6 in. (15 cm) in pattern with 3 strands of yarn held together. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR GAUGE. When you match the gauge in a pattern, your project will be the size specified in the pattern and the materials specified in the pattern will be sufficient. If it takes you fewer stitches and rows to make a 4 in. [10 cm] square, try using a smaller size hook or needles; if more stitches and rows, try a larger size hook or needles.
Finished Size45 X 60 in. (114.5 x 152.5 cm)
- 860-099 Vanna's Choice Yarn: Linen, 5 balls
- 860-107 Vanna's Choice Yarn: Sapphire, 5 balls
- 860-172 Vanna's Choice Yarn: Kelly Green, 5 balls
- Lion Brand Crochet Hook - Size Q-19
- Large-Eye Blunt Needles (Set of 6)
- 11 in. (28 cm) piece of cardboard
How to Crochet the 6 Hour Crochet Throw Pattern
Print & Save!
With 1 strand each of A, B and C held together, ch 67.
Row 1: Dc in 5th ch from hook, ch 1, dc in same ch (V-st made), *sk 2 ch, (dc, ch 1, dc) in next ch (V-st made); repeat from * to last 2 ch, sk 1 ch, dc in last ch.
Rows 2-39: Ch 3, turn, (dc, ch 1, dc) in each ch-1 sp across, dc in 3rd ch of turning ch.
From Right Side, work 1 row of single crochet evenly spaced on side edge of Throw. Repeat on opposite side edge.
Weave in ends.
Wrap yarn around cardboard. Cut strands at one end. For each Fringe, hold 3 strands of each yarn (9 strands total) together and fold in half. Use crochet hook to draw fold through edge of piece, forming a loop. Pull ends of Fringe through this loop and tighten. Make fringe along both ends of Throw. Trim fringe evenly.
More Crochet Throw Patterns
If you loved making the free crochet throw pattern above, you are going to adore the projects below. These is nothing comfier or cozier than snuggling under a crochet throw while you watch TV, read a good book, or even work on a brand new free crochet pattern. Crochet throw patterns are a great way to add some texture and warmth to any room of your home, providing a quick and easy way to cuddle to any and all guests.
- double crochet
- space previously made
New to the world of crochet? Never fear - there are plenty of fun and easy crochet blanket patterns for you to enjoy. Check out this collection of 51+ Free Crochet Blanket Patterns for Beginners and cute and comfy ways to spruce up your space. There are also plenty of gift ideas for a baby shower. Get these great patterns here: 51 Free Crochet Blanket Patterns for Beginners
Let Us Know:
Do you prefer creating quick crochet throw patterns or larger, more complicated crochet afghan patterns?
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Dresden Plate Crocheted Throw
- Arrow Stitch Crochet Afghan
- Bold and Beautiful Catherines Wheel Crochet Throw
- Under 6 Hours Crochet Throw Pattern
- Stashbuster Granny Stripe Afghan
- Crochet Corner To Corner Throw
- Hand Crochet Chunky Blanket
- Updated Amish Bars Throw
- Pajama Friendly Argyle Throw
- Ripple Afghan Crochet Pattern
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- How to Photo Transfer with Adhesive Sheets
- Little Flowers DIY Gift Box
- Embroidery Hoop Art Wreath
- Bright Pink and Black Valentine Shadow Box
- Sparkliest DIY Christmas Tree Ornament
- Three Shades of Zentangle Adult Coloring Page
- Mindless Floral Adult Coloring Page
- Zentangle Soulmate Adult Coloring Page
- Rose Garden Adult Coloring Page
- 98 Heart Craft Ideas
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home