Crochet Ripple Three-Color Afghan
The ripple afghan is a classic, and when worked in three colors, it's easy to make yours unique. You'll love how fast this afghan is to crochet, so it's great as a gift or for an auction. Pick your favorite hues and get started on your Crochet Ripple Three-Color Afghan today! This cozy crocheted afghan also makes a wonderful gift and is a fun project for beginners and advanced crocheters alike. No matter what your skill level, you're sure to love this fun and colorful crocheted afghan pattern.
For more afghans, check out our free eBook, We've Got You Covered: 25 Crochet and Knit Throws.
- 1 skein Red Heart® “Super Saver®” Jumbo yarn in Frosty Green (A)
- 1 skein Red Heart® “Super Saver®” Jumbo yarn in Soft Navy (B)
- 1 skein Red Heart® “Super Saver®” Jumbo yarn in Buff (C)
- 1 skein Red Heart® “Super Saver®” yarn in Frosty Green
- 6mm [US J-10] crochet hook
Gauge: 1 repeat = 4¾” from point to point; Rows 1-3 = 1½”. CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size hook to obtain the gauge.
- Join and cut colors as required, always joining new color on the right side in the first ch2 space.
Directions are for 44” x 50” Throw; changes for 44” x 56” Throw are in parentheses.
- 2 rows A
- 1 row B
- 2 rows C
- [3 rows A, 2 rows B, 1 row C, 3 rows A, 1 row B, 2 rows C] 7 (8) times
- 2 rows A
- With A, ch 196.
- Row 1 (Right Side): (Sc, ch 2, sc) in 2nd ch from hook, * [skip next 2 ch, (sc, ch 2, sc) in next ch] twice, skip next 2 ch, ([sc, ch 2] 3 times, sc) in next ch, [skip next 2 ch, (sc, ch 2, sc) in next ch] 3 times **, skip next 3 ch, (sc, ch 2, sc) in next ch; repeat from * across, end at **; turn.
- Row 2: Ch 1, sc in first ch-2 space, * [(sc, ch 2, sc) in next ch-2 space] 7 times, sc in next ch-2 space **, ch 2, sc in next ch-2 space; repeat from * across, end at **; turn. (See Note and Color Sequence above.)
- Row 3: Ch 1, * [(sc, ch 2, sc) in next ch-2 space] 3 times, ([sc, ch 2] 3 times, sc) in next ch-2 space, [(sc, ch 2, sc) in next ch-2 space] 3 times **, skip next ch-2 space; repeat from * across, end at **; turn.
- Rows 4-91 (4-103): Repeat Rows 2 and 3 for pattern following color sequence.
- With right side facing and A, work pattern Row 3 across last row; ch 1, work (sc, ch 2, sc) in every other row down side ending with (ch 2, sc, ch 3, sc, ch 2, sc) in end ch of Row 1; work across foundation ch: (sc, ch 2, sc) in same ch under same sts of Row 1, skipping over center ch between points and working ch 2 between them, ending with (sc, ch 2, sc, ch 3 and sc) in last ch; ch 1, work (sc, ch 2, sc) in every other row up next side; join. Fasten off.
- Weave in ends.
Read NextPrimrose Crochet Blanket Pattern