Gingerbread Candy Cups
Kids can help create these gingerbread men to hold candy treats at your holiday parties.
DecoArt Products Required
- DCP14 - Cloud White
- DCP21 - Wrought Iron Black
- DCP24 - Clear Coat
- DCP42 - Fuchsia
- #12 flat brush
- #0 liner brush
- Brown chenille stems
- Low-temp hot glue gun and glue sticks
- 1.9" standard terra cotta pots
Let dry between steps.
- Coat pots with Clear Coat.
- Use liner brush and Cloud White to paint wavy lines for frosting and mouths on both pots.
- Use liner brush and Wrought Iron Black to paint eyes on one pot. Use brush handle end to dot on buttons on the other pot.
- Use liner brush and Fuchsia to paint candy nose.
- With liner brush, highlight eyes with Cloud White and outline nose with Wrought Iron Black.
- Bend chenille stem loosely at center to form small loop (for hanger). Bend each end to form loops for arms. Twist ends at center. (This should resemble three-leaf clover.)
- Position chenille loops on body with hanger loop at back and secure with hot glue. (Refer to photo.) Immediately add more glue and press two parts of body together. Hold with pressure for minute or two until glue cools and sets.
Read NextLego DIY Fidget Spinner