18 Kids Outdoor Activity Ideas
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Encourage family outdoor activities with these 18 Kids Outdoor Activity Ideas. From fun garden crafts to decorative outdoor winter ornaments, these outdoor kids crafts are sure to have kids wanting to play outside once again!
Get the kids outside with these Gardening and Outdoor Projects for Kids. With projects like the Family Garden Project, it's easy to have outdoor family fun for all! Teach kids to plant flowers and vegetables while spending time together as a family. With these kids outdoor activity ideas, you'll create memories that will last a lifetime!
And what kid doesn't love playing outside? Outdoor kids crafts are great for playtime, and old hobbies, like kite flying, are a great way to encourage kids to get out of the house. This Rock Star Kite is a great craft for a kid. Outdoor activities like kite flying are great for open fields or a day at the beach.
And just because the weather is rotten doesn't mean you can't have outdoor kids crafts! These Quick Glitter Pine Cones are perfect for adding some festive sparkle to your trees come wintertime. It's easy for nature to inspire more fun kids outdoor activity ideas, so don't let Mother Nature stand in your way!
With some basic supplies and a little creativity, these kids outdoor activity ideas will help you motivate those kids to put down their game systems and ensure that you will all have some good ol' outdoor family fun!
18 Kids Outdoor Activity Ideas Table of Contents
Kids and parents alike will love these outdoor ideas for kids. From helping mom in the garden to creating beautiful outdoor decor, these kids outdoor activity ideas are great for getting kids outside! Encourage kids to craft together or create these projects as a family to help create memories that kids will never forget.
- Hanging Bird Treats: Outdoor craft ideas like this are great for teaching kids about nature and saving the planet. These fun bird feeders are easy and fun to make and kids will love seeing who comes to eat the yummy treats!
- Kids Clay Flower Pot: Kids outdoor activity ideas, like this clay flower pot, can help kids learn about everything from gardening to crafting with clay. These clay flower pots are great for outdoor family fun!
- Blowin' in the Wind Windsock: Here's a great way to decorate the outside of your home. Have kids help you create one or more of these outdoor windsocks. Kids can hang these outdoor craft ideas outside their room or on the back porch for all to admire!
- Easy Painted Birdhouses: Kids can decorate wooden birdhouses however they'd like with easy outdoor crafts like this! This would be a great birthday party activity or a way for kids to help decorate the garden.
- Be a Star Visor: Protect kids from the sun when they're outside doing family outdoor activities. This Be a Star Visor is easy to make and kids will love showing off their creation.
- Family Garden Project: If you're looking for some fun summer outdoor activities to do with kids and the whole family, consider this Family Garden Project. Kids outdoor activites like this are a great way to teach them about growing, sustaining, and protecting the earth!
- NEW! Bead Buster Garden Stake: Kids will love creating these colorful and fun garden stakes. Made with a bunch of leftover beads, these garden stakes glisten and sparkle in the sun!
These kids outdoor activity ideas are great for playtime! From fun kites to bring to the beach to awesome puppet show theatres for creating great shows with friends and family, these outdoor art activities for kids are fun, creative, and great to play with!
- Firey Dragon Kite: Charlie Brown should have used one of these Firey Dragon Kites! Kite flying is one of the best kids outdoor activities for summertime, and this kite is ready to fight any tree that stands in its way!
- Watercolor Leaf Prints: Looking for fun outdoor summer activities? Have kids gather big leaves and help them paint them to create these cool leaf prints, great for scrapbooking and cards. Nature is great for inspiring more kids outdoor activity ideas!
- Medieval Puppet Theatre: Puppet shows make great outdoor activities for kids and family. Have kids gather up their friends and family members to create fun shows for the neighborhood. Kids outdoor activity ideas that bring lots of kids together are great for friendships and bonding, too!
- Kiddie Bug Box: Kids outdoor activity ideas are almost always bound to include bugs and insects...whether you like it or not! But with this bug box, kids can keep bugs at bay and admire them without you worrying about bites and stings!
- Rock Star Kite: Let your love of music fly high with this awesome Rock Star kite. Kite flying is one of the best summer outdoor activites and it's great for families to do together!
Outdoor crafts for kids can be done year round! With these Seasonal Outdoor Craft Projects, kids will have stuff to do in the winter, fall, spring and summer! Celebrate every holiday with kids outdoor crafts!
- Frankenstein Pumpkin: Outdoor crafts for children are a great way to get your kid involved in crafting. Come Halloween, kids outdoor activity ideas are in abundence, and this Frankenstein pumpkin is a great example! There's no cutting involved, so it's save and fun!
- Quick Glitter Pine Cones: There's lots of kids outdoor activity ideas for the wintertime. These glitter pine cones are great for decorating your trees and adding some sparkle to the holiday season.
- Tissue Paper Shamrock: While you don't have to make this tissue paper shamrock outside, it's fun to show off on your front door! Kids outdoor activity ideas are even better when the whole family is invloved...so get everyone together to create these cute tissue paper shamrocks!
- Easter Egg Window Clings: Kids will love making these Easter egg window clings. With some basic supplies, outdoor family fun can help add some color and decoration to your home!
- Wooden American Flags: Here's some easy outdoor crafts for the summertime. Show off your American pride with these wooden American flags. If you need kids outdoor activity ideas that are great for boy or girl scout troops, this would be a great project for that!
- NEW! Fire and Ice Luminaries: How cool are these Fire and Ice Luminaries? Made by freezing water balloons, these ice luminaries are perfect for parties and evening gatherings. Try coloring the water before putting it in the balloon for a neat effect!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Spiced Apple Cider Sugar Scrub Recipe
- Green Tea Sugar Scrub Recipe
- Crochet Utility Mini Basket
- Dr. Seuss Sneetches Costume Idea
- Quicksilver Shawlette
- Make DIY blank books from leftover notebook paper
- Refashion shorts into a skirt
- Repurposed Shutters Sign for Halloween
- Halloween Pencil Box
- 50+ Free Easy Crochet Patterns and Help for Beginners
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home