Sweetheart Rose Collection: Ring Bearer Pillow
Clover Needlecraft's Sweetheart Collection has the perfect homemade ring bearers pillow for a beautifully themed wedding. The simplicity of the Ring Bearer Pillow does not downplay the bold colors of the roses for a lovely trip down the aisle.
- ½ yd. White satin or silk dupioni
- 1 yd. 3/8” wide doubled-faced satin ribbon
- Sweetheart Rose Maker Large #8472
- Assorted red silks for the roses
- Assorted pearls beads
- ½ yd. 2” wide green ribbon for the leaves
- From the white satin or silk: Cut out 2 rectangles each 8 ½” x 10 ½”
- Cut 1 rectangle 10 ½” x 13 ½”
- Sew long basting stitches on each of the 13 ½” ends. Draw the gathers up to measure 8 ½”.Adjust the gathers evenly across the rectangle and set this gathered rectangle on top of the right side of one of the 8 ½” x 10 ½’’ rectangles: baste together
- Place the second 8 ½” x 10 ½” rectangle on top of the basted unit right sides together; stitch all the way around using a ¼” seam allowance and leaving a 3 ½” opening. Trim seams and clip corners: turn right sides out. Stuff the pillow and stitch the opening closed.
- Tie the ribbon around the center of the pillow and tack the tie down before making the bow. This allows you to untie the bow, slip on the rings, then tie the bow back up.
- Make 3 large roses following the instructions in the package.
- Make 3 leaves using the same method as shown in Flower Girl Basket directions.
- Attach roses with glue
- Embellish with randomly placed pearls.