Heartfelt Collection: Ring Bearer Pillow
Have the perfect homemade wedding ceremony with this unique homemade paper ring bearer pillow from from Arnold Grummer's Paper Making Kits and Supplies.
- Arnold Grummer's Large Dip Handmold
- Arnold Grummer's Cotton Linter Casting Squares: 2 oz package
- Arnold Grummer's Papermill PRO Envelope & Stationery Kit
- Arnold Grummer's Cotton Linter Pre-Shredded: 8 oz package
- White photocopy paper
- Optional: Arnold Grummer's Cotton Linter Casting Squares or Arnold Grummer's Brite White Cotton Linters
- 3/8 inch wide ribbon: 12 inch length
- 5/8 inch wide ribbon: 30 inch length
- Sewing machine, thread
- Use any Arnold Grummer's Papermill Kit or Large Dip Handmold to make 2 sheets of paper.
- To make pulp, recycle plain white photocopy paper. Use 1 3/4 sheets of photocopy paper to make each sheet.
- Optional: Add a few Cotton Linter Casting Squares (3-4 squares of per sheet) or a pinch of Brite White Cotton Linters to the pulp to make stronger paper.
- Add a small piece (2" square) of tissue paper in each of the bridal colors for the last 10 seconds of blending to give the paper some color and contrast.
- Form, press and dry sheets together. Use a pencil and ruler to lightly draw a 6" x 7" rectangle on the top sheet.
- Use a wet paintbrush to trace the rectangle. Lay the ruler along the inside of the wet line. Gently tear both sheets at the same time along the ruler's edge. Iron paper dry.
- Sew 3 sides of the pillow together, 1/2 " from the torn edge.
- Gently stuff the pillow with tissue paper. Sew last seam to close.
- Attach center of narrower ribbon to center of ribbon with a 1/2" strip of hot glue. Thread ribbon tails through rings, and secure to pillow with bow.
- Tie bow and attach wider ribbon with hot glue.
- Tell the Ring Bearer that you have a special present for them if they can bring the pillow down the aisle and give it to the best man without tilting it, dropping it, and losing the rings!