We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Liven up your Christmas decor with this Decorative Mesh Poinsettia Flower. Made for hanging on walls, doors, or mantels, these lovely and giant Christmas flowers are lightweight and easy to make, so you can hang them and move them around without strain on your wall. Make flowers of different sizes for a striking holiday display or lay the flowers down and use them as a table centerpiece for holiday entertaining. Since mesh comes in a variety of colors, you could also create flowers like this for every day decor. Use brightly colored mesh to create summer and spring flowers that will instantly liven up your home.
Be sure to ENTER TO WIN the FloraCraft Wreath Making Bundle to use while making this project! Leave a comment on this page and you will receive a bonus entry. Don't miss the grand prize giveaway including one of each prize featured in the 12 Days of Christmas!
Time to complete: Under an hour
Primary Technique: Fabric Crafts
- FloraCraft® Make It: Fun® Foam
- Disc: 6”x1”
- Balls: (5) 1.5”
- Design It:® Simple Style® 21” Decorative Mesh: Red
- Design It:® Simple Style® 10” Decorative Mesh: Dark Green
- Acrylic Paint: Green
- Glitter: Green
- Floral Pins
- Chenille Stems: Green
- Floral Stem Wire
- Low-Temp Glue Gun
- Paint Brush
Check out this project and other great DIY Christmas crafts in our free eBook 20 Easy DIY Holiday Projects!
- Paint balls green. While they are still wet, sprinkle with green glitter. The paint will hold the glitter in place as it dries. Set aside to dry.
- Cut a 21” length of red mesh and a 16” length of green mesh. Lay the red mesh on the table with the ends curling up. Lay the green mesh in the center of the red mesh with the ends also curling up. Pull opposite corners of the green mesh to create two points. Pinch the green mesh together at the center and hold in place. Fold in two opposite corners of the red mesh to meet in the center overtop of the green mesh. Pinch the red mesh together at the center with the green mesh and tie together with floral wire. Flip the petal over and bend in half at the center. Insert a pin through the center of the mesh, apply glue to the pin and insert into the side of the foam disc.
- Repeat step 2 to create four more petals. Attach the petals around the disc evenly spaced.
- Cut three more 21” lengths of red mesh. Fold in the opposite corners and gather the mesh at the center the same way you did in step 2, only without the green center. Pin these three petals evenly spaced to the face of the disc, about 1” in from the edge.
- Cut 10” lengths of the green mesh. Gather and bend them in half at the center. Insert a pin through the center and glue in place to the center of the disc.
- Glue the balls onto 3” lengths of chenille stem. Glue the stems into the center of the foam disc.
- Optional: Create a petal out of the green mesh and pin to the outside of the disc to create a leaf.
- There is a maximum of one extra entry per person. The extra entry will be based upon a comment left on this post. Duplicate comments are not tallied.
- The winner will be selected at random from the comments on this page and the entries on the contest page.
- The winner will be contacted on the morning of December 26th, 2017.
- Email Address provided in their account (please do NOT leave your email address in the comments--you already provided it when you created your account)
- You have until December 24th, 2017 at 11:59pm EST to leave your comment on this post. Comments posted after that will not be counted.
- Contest open to anyone 18+ in US and/or Canada. Excludes Quebec and Puerto Rico.
What is your favorite type of flower?
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Darling Wrapping Paper Wreath
Vintage Free Christmas Printables
Joyful Stenciled Christmas Sign
Decorative Mesh Poinsettia Flower
Bottle Cap Christmas Art
15 DIY Christmas Wall Decor Ideas
PVC Pipe Christmas Tree
Oh Holy Night Wall Decor
Holiday Subway Wall Art Project
Wool Felt Holiday Door Decoration
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- 4 Easy Small Wood Projects You Didn't Know You Could Make
- 14 Christmas Crafts for Adults, by 365 Days of Crafts
- Fireside Slippers
- 24 Free Shawl Knitting Patterns
- Shiny + Soft Main Street Yarns
- Beginner Hat Knitting Pattern
- 15 Easy Crochet Baby Booties for Beginners
- 31 Summer Wreaths to Make
- How to Set Tie Dye in Fabric
- Crochet Christmas Stockings: 14 Free Patterns
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home