Recycled Toilet Paper Roll Tabletop Christmas Tree
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
"These trees were made with t.p. and paper towel rowels and then painted with different shades of green to make them more dimensional. The snow blanket on the base with the miniature ornament made them more festive."
Estimated Cost: $11-$20
Time to complete: In an evening
Primary Technique: Green Crafting
- Toilet and/or paper towel rolls (several of them)
- Cardboard cone for the tree
- Cardboard cone for the tree
- Glue gun
- Miniature ornaments
- Base for bottom of tree (round circular 10"-12")
- White cotton for base of the tree
- Flatten the t.p and paper towel rolls. Mark 1/2" intervals with ruler and pen from one to another.
- Cut each interval into a strip. You will have several strips.
- Lay out newspaper before painting the strips. Paint every strip inside and out and let them dry.
- Cut a cardboard base (about 10"-12") and paint that also.
- To make depth to some branches, you can makes streaks of different shade of green to make it real.
- Starting at the bottom of cone of the tree. Take a strip and with the glue gun hold it for a few second until it secure.
- Repeat it for the next but leave a space between each strip.
- Do that step for each row until you get to the top of the tree.
- With some craft glue, paint on some streaks of glue on random branches, sprinkle on some white glitter on some to make it look like snow. Dab the top of the trees and put some faux snow on top.
- Put some same craft snow on the base, cover with faux snow and glue the miniature ornaments the way you want.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Snowflake String Art
- Gift Wrapped DIY Tabletop Christmas Trees
- Shiplap Christmas Ornament Display Idea
- Recycled Glass Jar Christmas Lantern
- Spiral Snowman
- The Prettiest Fabric Ornaments
- Recycled Toilet Paper Roll Tabletop Christmas Tree
- Christmas Star DIY Luminaries
- Easy Yarn Snowman with Crocheted Hat and Scarf
- Superb Snowflake Clothespin Craft
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Zentangle Cupid of Hearts Adult Coloring Page
- Gelly Roll Hand Lettering Tutorial
- Scandinavian Knit Stocking Pattern
- Joyful Stenciled Christmas Sign
- Simple Life Tote Bag Tutorial
- Tea Light Snowman and Owl Christmas Ornaments
- Chubby Christmas Crochet Elf Patterns
- Handmade JOY Holiday Trio Ensemble
- Arctic Albatross Adult Coloring Page
- The Art of Quilling Paper Jewelry
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home