Holiday Ornament Tree
This holiday ornament tree from Krylon is great for a contemporary setting or small spaces. Feel free to paint the ornaments whatever color you'd like! This tree is perfect for elegant Christmas table decorations or bringing some cheer to your office or desk!
See this project and more glittery crafts in our free eBook, How to Create 14 Sparkly Craft Projects Using Krylon Glitter Blast.
- Metal ornament tree
- 10 - 12 small ornaments
- 1 can Krylon® Indoor/Outdoor Primer
- 1 can Krylon® Brushed Metallic Paint, Oil Rubbed Bronze
- 1 can Krylon® Glitter Blast™ Glitter Paint, Sparkling Water
- 1 can Krylon® Glitter Blast™ Glitter Paint, Silver Flash
- Masking tape
- String or fishing line
- Drop cloth
- Clean all objects to be painted, making sure the surfaces are free of dirt and dust.
- Mask off ornament hangers.
- Prime the Ornament Tree. Apply several light coats of Krylon® Indoor/Outdoor Primer. Spray from side to side in a sweeping motion beginning off the surface and ending off of the other side.
- Paint ornament tree with Krylon® Brushed Metallic Oil Rubbed Bronze. Apply multiple thin coats to avoid runs and drips. Wait approximately 1 to 2 minutes between coats. Let dry.
- Spray ornaments with Krylon® Glitter Blast™. (We sprayed half with Glitter Blast™ Silver Flash and half with Glitter Blast™ Sparkling Waters.) Apply multiple thin coats. Wait approximately 1 to 2 minutes between coats, shaking can before each coat. Let dry.
- Remove masking tape or replace ornament hangers after Glitter Blast™ is dry to handle, approximately 24 hours.
Tip: Make it easier to spray all sides of the ornaments by creating a makeshift closeline and hang ornaments from string or fishing line.
Read NextWinter Wonderland Tealight House