We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Want to add a little more magic around your home this holiday season? By creating this Fairy Garden DIY Snow Village, your winter decor will be complete. Believe it or not, this enchanting snow village can be made entirely by you using some handy dandy Mod Podge materials. You may have seen a similar decor set at your local craft or home store, but you can recreate this beautiful snowy village for a cheaper price. Once the project is done, place this piece in the center of your kitchen table where everyone can enjoy the view.
Be sure to enter for a chance to win this Plaid Mod Podge Palooza Set during the 12 Days of Christmas in July! This giveaway runs until July 30th and you can receive an extra entry just by commenting below on this page.
Time to CompleteWeekend project
Primary TechniqueHome Decor
Project TypeMake a Project
- Mod Podge ® Silicone Craft Mat
- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Real Brown, 2 oz.
- Mod Podge ® Mod Melts - White Milk Glass
- Mod Podge ® Mod Melter
- Mod Podge ® Mod Molds - Ornaments
- Mod Podge ® Mod Melts - MetallicsNumber Needed: 1$10.99
- Mod Podge ® Collage Clay - Vanilla White
- FolkArt ® Multi-Surface Satin Acrylic Paints - Burnt...
- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Hunter Green, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Cardinal Red, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Linen, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Titanium White, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Vintage White, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Clover, 2 oz.
- Mod Podge ® Glitter - Extreme Glitter, 8 oz.
- Mod Podge ® Ultra Matte Chalk Finish, 8 oz.
- Fairy Garden DIY Snow Village Template
Here is the step-by-step guide to create your very own Christmas Village:
Select a wood finish for the Church and the Cone Shape houses. Cut the paper to fit and Mod Podge onto the houses with Ultra Matte Chalk.
For the Tall house, paint the base of the house in Vintage white. Let dry. Using the Mod Melter, create “stone” mounds directly on the sides of the house. Let dry completely on a side before moving on to another side. Let dry and then paint the stones with Linen.
Paint the Church doors Cardinal Red. Let dry.
Church roof is made of embossed scrapbook paper cut to fit. Mod Podge in place. And then add collage clay “snow” and sprinkle with glitter before it dries.
Tall house roof is made of coating the roof in collage clay and inserting pine cone buds into the clay. Sprinkle with glitter before it dries.
For the Cone Shape house roof. Cover the roof in aluminum foil and mold into a mushroom top shape. Cover the shape in masking tape. Coat with collage clay and smooth out using a damp brush. Let dry. Paint the mushroom top in Cardinal Red with Vintage White dots. Let dry. Lastly, add collage clay “snow” and sprinkle with glitter before it dries.
Print the downloadable Winter Fairy House template at 100%. Lay the template underneath the silicone craft mat. Trace the outlines of the church windows in Silver. Let cool and remove from mat. Repeat until you get the amount of windows you need. Using the template as a guide, color in the stain glass design on a piece of paper. Cut it out and glue to the back of the Mod Melt windows.
Outline and fill in the doors with the Mod Melter in Gold. Let cool. Paint Real Brown and dry brush wood grain in Burnt Umber. Let dry. Glue a yellow piece of paper behind the window openings.
Outline the arch windows with decorative trim in Gold. Let cool. Repeat. Paint Real Brown and dry brush wood grain in Burnt Umber. Let dry. Glue a yellow piece of paper behind the window openings.
Outline and fill in the foliage stems using White Mod Melts. Let cool then add the berries to the stems. Repeat to achieve the desired amount of foliage embellishments. Paint the stems in Real Brown, the leaves in Hunter Green and Clover and the berries Cardinal Red. Let dry completely. Add a final coat of Extreme Glitter for an added sparkle.
Using the Mod Mold, create four rectangle frames for the Tall house windows. Mod Mold six of the floral square design. Mod Mold two rows of the trim. Paint all of the cooled molds in Real Brown.
Apply the embellishments to the houses with the Mod Melter. Touch up with paint as needed. See project photo as guide.
Glue the each house to a large wood round. Glue small wood rounds to create a pathway between houses.
Apply the collage clay “snow” on the ground and insert the foliage and deer. Finally, sprinkle glitter before it dries.
- There is a maximum of one extra entry per person. The extra entry will be based upon a comment left on this project. Duplicate comments will be deleted and are not tallied.
- The winner will be selected at random from the comments on this page and the entries on the contest page.
- The winner will be contacted on the morning of July 31, 2017.
- Email Address provided in their account (please do NOT leave your email address in the comments--you already provided it when you created your account)
- You have until Sunday, July 30, 2017 at 11:59pm EST to leave your comment on this post. Comments posted after that will not be counted.
- Contest open to anyone 18+ in US and/or Canada. Excludes Quebec and Puerto Rico.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Mind-Boggling Pineapple Adult Coloring Page
- Silk Tie Easter Eggs
- Spring Crafts for Kids: Cute Bunny
- Free Bag Patterns: 40+ Sewing Patterns for Purses, Tote Bags, and More
- Paracord Projects: 11 Pretty Ideas for What to Make out of Paracord
- 46 Free Crochet Patterns for Stuffed Animals
- Interlocking Triangles Earrings
- 8" Tapestry Shamrock Afghan Square
- Glitter Heat Transfer Vinyl
- Easy Easter Centerpiece
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home