We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
This is a great felt and fleece project. This winter the bunnies will be coming out, but only in your home. Learn how to make a cute Christmas decoration.
- STYROFOAM* Brand Foam:
- Balls: 3", one; 2", one; 1-1/2", three
- Cone, 6" x 3"
- Eggs: 6", one; 3", two; 2", two
- Felt, 9" x 12" sheets, one each: peach; green; pink scrap
- Fleece fabric, 45" wide: purple, 1/5 yd.; pink/purple print, 1/8 yd.
- Pink pompoms, 3mm, two
- White chenille stems, two
- White synthetic fur, 1/4 yd.
- White cord, 1/2 yd.
- Black beads: 8mm, two; 6mm, four
- Buttons, 3/4", two
- White confetti snowflakes, eight
- Wire, 26-gauge, 2" length
- Serrated knife
- Candle stub or paraffin
- Needles: sewing; embroidery, 3"-4" long
- Strong white thread
- Fine-line black permanent marker
- Extra-long straight pins
- Wire cutters
- Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- Thick, white craft glue
- Wax serrated knife with candle stub or paraffin. Cut foam eggs in half lengthwise. Cut 1-1/2" and one 3" foam ball in half. Slice one-third from top of 6" foam ball; save both pieces. Press one side of remaining 3" foam ball against table to flatten slightly.
- Cut patterns from felt and fur as indicated.
- With nap running down, trace following "Mama" pieces onto wrong side of fur: head, 4" x 10"; body, 4" x 12-1/2"; tail, 4-1/2" circle; paws, two 3" circles. Cut out pieces, cutting through fur backing only. Cut two 4" x 6" pieces from fur (baby bodies). Lightly label wrong side of fur pieces with pencil.
- Place feet flat side down on wrong side of fur, then trace ovals 1-1/2" beyond foam edge; cut out. Cut out second set of ovals same size as feet (soles).
- Place arms flat side down on purple fleece; trace and cut out in same way as feet, omitting second set. In addition, cut following from purple fleece: hat, 5" x 10-1/2"; sweater, 7" x 11"; cuffs, two 2-1/2" x 4-1/2"; baby's earmuffs, two 1-1/2" circles; baby's scarf, 1-1/2" x 10". Cut following from print fleece for remaining baby: scarf, 1-1/2" x 10"; hat, 2" x 6".
- Glue fur strip cut in Step 3 around head. Finger-gather and glue excess fur to opposite ends of head, smoothing as needed. In same way, with narrow end of body pointing up, glue fur around lower two-thirds of body. Glue excess fur to bottom of body.
- Fold and glue 1/2" hem in bottom long edge of sweater fleece; glue 2" hem in top edge. Beginning at back of body, glue sweater around upper half of body, overlapping fur. Roll top down to form turtleneck; spot glue to secure.
- To cover remaining "Mama" foam shapes, center shapes rounded side down on corresponding fur or fleece pieces. Bring fur or fleece edges up to flat side of shape. Pin at four opposite points. Adjust excess between pins; glue to secure. Let dry.
- Remove pins. Glue soles to bottoms of feet; let dry.
- Glue paws to narrow ends of arms, aligning gathered side of paws with flat side of arms. Fold and glue 3/4" hem in both long edges of each cuff. In same way as sweater, glue cuffs around arms, overlapping fur.
- With gathered edge at back of head, use scissors to poke eyeholes into Mama's head. Glue larger beads into holes. Glue nose to face.
- Using doubled thread, take needle through face from one cheek to the other, leaving 4" thread length on each side. Clip thread. Repeat. Spot glue "whiskers" to secure.
- Gently bend each chenille stem in half; twist ends together. Place chenille stems on wrong sides of two "Mama" ears; 1/2" chenille stem length should extend beyond bottom of ears. Glue second set of ears to first, sandwiching chenille stems between. Use scissors to poke small holes in top of head. Glue stem ends into holes; spot glue ears to secure. Hold ears in place until dry.
- Glue "Mama" head and arms to body as shown. Glue feet to front and tail to back of body; bunny should stand up.
- Fold and glue 1-1/2" hem in both long edges of "Mama" hat. Beginning at back of head, glue hat around head. Glue snowflake confetti to sweater front and hat.
- For babies, glue remaining foam balls to top of small eggs (bodies). Beginning at back of body, glue fur pieces cut in Step 3 around babies. Glue excess fur to opposite ends of body, gathering and smoothing as needed.
- Cut fringe into scarf ends. Tie scarves around necks, pulling tightly. Insert eyes in same way as larger bunny. Glue pompom noses and ears to heads.
- Cover buttons with 1-1/2" purple fleece circles; glue to secure. Bend wire length into curve; glue to one bunny's head; glue earmuffs over wire ends. For second bunny, fold and glue 1/2" hem in each long edge of hat strip; glue hat around head in same way as larger bunny.
- For carrot sled, place foam cone on peach felt at an angle. Roll felt around cone, cutting excess felt on long side. Trim felt at cone tip and base, leaving enough felt to cover ends. Finger-gather felt at each end and glue to foam.
- Cut two 4" x 12" strips from green felt; cut 3" fringe along one long edge of each piece. Loosely roll green strips together; glue ends to secure. Glue green felt to top of carrot.
- Knot cord ends; glue ends to opposite sides of sled. Glue baby bunnies to one flat side of sled. Glue cord into larger bunny's paw.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow. For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Upcycled Cardboard Tree Topper
- Layered Circles Ornament
- Crochet Snowman Family
- Christmas Goodie Pop Top Cans
- Unique Tampon Angel Christmas Ornament
- 11 Free Christmas Printables You Need
- Christmas Tree Mason Jar Craft
- Teardrop Christmas Ornaments
- Holiday Gnomes
- Quick Spiral Quilt Christmas Tree Skirt
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home