Unique Tampon Angel Christmas Ornament
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Our guest contributor has a very unique craft. This is her story: Some people think this is great, others think it is gross and ridiculous… but I am a big fan of the tampon angel. A few years ago when I had my first Christmas tree, I had a trim-the-tree party and invited my friends over to make crafts to decorate the tree with. A lot of them were scared of being crafty, so I had some pretty easy ideas for them. My favorite was the tampon angel. Certain brands work better – I think ended up deciding Playtex worked best because it doesn’t just expand into a big rectangle.
This is a fun, creative idea that women of all ages are sure to appreciate. Unlike anything you're sure to find in stores, this handmade Christmas ornament is sure to bring a smile to anyone's face...and is a fun gift for any time of year. Shock and amaze this year with the fun and unique Tampon Angel Ornament!
- Playtex Tampons
- Bowl of Water
- Wooden Bead
- Hot Glue
- Fine-Tipped Markers
- Metallic Pipe Cleaners
- Wired Ribbon
Why make one Christmas ornament when you can cover your tree in DIY Christmas ornaments? Discover tons of great Christmas ornament ideas in 50+ Simple Homemade Christmas Ornaments. This collection features crafts for every skill level. You'll also find creative ways to make recycled Christmas crafts, beaded Christmas ornaments and stunning Santa crafts. Save this collection for years to come - there are plenty of ideas you don't want to miss.
- You start by taking the tampon out of the applicator and wetting it. I usually use a bowl of water with a little starch mixed in.
- Then you can shape the angel “dress.”
- I use a wooden bead for the head and thread the string through. You can use a little hot glue to keep the head facing the right direction.
- We used fine-tipped markers to draw the face in and metallic pipe cleaners to make halos.
- You can add yarn hair but most of my friends didn’t get that far.
- For wings, we tied pieces of wired ribbon in the middle to make a knot or used bows and hot glued them to the back of the angel. You can cut the ribbon to make it wing-shaped or leave it in a bow.
- Some people glittered theirs, others left them pretty plain.
- But overall, it is a very easy craft and I still hang them on my Christmas tree.
DID YOU KNOW?
Trimming a Christmas tree is a tradition that so many people look forward to every single year. Everyone has his or her own fun ways to celebrate the holiday season, and some traditions are more unique than others. In fact, if you travel around the world, you're likely to encounter some pretty unique Christmas traditions and celebrations.
For example, in South Africa, it's customary to sample deep-fried catepillars on Christmas Day. If that scares you, don't travel to Austria during the holiday season. There, Krampus, a Christmas devil, is said to beat naughty children with branches. Evil spirits are also a concern in Norway, where people are known to lock away brooms on Christmas Day so they are not stolen by witches.
Not all traditions are scary (or less than tasty), though. In Japan, thanks to a popular 1974 advertising campaign which introduced the distinctly American cuisine, families feast on Kentucky Fried Chicken on Christmas Day. In Estonia, family don't gather around the fireplace - they head straight to the local sauna instead.
Shoes have also become an integral part of Christmas traditions across the world. In Iceland, children leave a shoe on their windowsills during the 12 days of Christmas. In Germany, children leave a shoe outside their front doors on December 5th. In both cases the shoes can either be filled with candy or toys (for nice children) or tree branches (for naughty children).
Notes: To make this homemade Christmas ornament, we recommend the following materials. They are all available at a great discount at CutRateCrafts.com!
Images from other crafters
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Crochet Snowman Family
- Upcycled Cardboard Tree Topper
- Christmas Tree Mason Jar Craft
- 11 Free Christmas Printables You Need
- 123 Easy Christmas House Crafts
- "2012 Holiday Gift Guide for Crafters" eBook
- Unique Tampon Angel Christmas Ornament
- Snowman Bead Earrings
- Layered Circles Ornament
- DIY Sock Snowman
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Quicksilver Shawlette
- Make DIY blank books from leftover notebook paper
- Refashion shorts into a skirt
- Repurposed Shutters Sign for Halloween
- Halloween Pencil Box
- 50+ Free Easy Crochet Patterns and Help for Beginners
- Tea Time
- Diamonds and Ice Mandala Coloring Page
- Emperor's Festival Adult Coloring Page
- Pure Royalty Adult Coloring Page
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home