Christmas Tea Ornament Set
Cross-stitch some tea-pot ornaments for the Christmas tree that remind us of the fun of tea parties or comforting cups with friends and family.
- 1/4 sheet 10-count plastic canvas
- #3 Pearl cotton in white
- Kreinik Heavy #32 Braid in 238, 008HL, 002
- Kreinik Medium #16 Braid in 002
- Kreinik 1/8" Ribbon in 003
- #18 tapestry needle
- Cut plastic canvas according to graphs, cutting out center hole on saucer top only, leaving saucer base intact.
- Stitch pieces as follows: saucer top as graphed, saucer base with white Continental Stitches; one cup and one teapot as graphed, reverse one cup and one teapot and stitch with Continental Stitches and Slanted Gobelin stitches.
- When background stitching is completed, work embroidery as indicated; do not work embroidery on saucer base.
- Using Heavy #32 Braid in 238, whipstitch wrong sides of teapot pieces together along inside and outside edges.
- Following graph, whipstitch wrong sides of cup pieces together along all edges except bottom edge.
- Using white, whipstitch bottom edges of cup to inside edges on saucer top. using #32 Braid 238, whipstitch wrong sides of saucer top and base together.
- For hangers. attach desired lengths of gold #16 Braid where indicated to cup and teapot with a Lark's Heat Knot. tie ends together in a knot to form a loop for hanging.
Saucer top and base: 16 holes x 11 holes Cut 1
Teapot: 31 holes x 28 holes Cut 2
Teacup: 16 holes x 14 holes Cut 2
If you like this project, we also suggest:
Read NextChristmas I Spy In A Jar