Celestial Ball Christmas Decor
These simple tissue-covered and painted foam balls are an economnical way to create your own Christmas decor. Display on a square mirror or in a shallow bowl for a lovely holiday centerpiece.
- Tissue paper: white, red, green (or other colors of your choice)
- STYROFOAM Brand Foam: Balls, 3", 5" (or size of your choice)
- Gold markers, medium and narrow tip
- Wooden skewer, chopsticks, or other pointed tool
- Paintbrush brush with wide, firm bristles
- Thick, white craft glue
- Insert skewer, chopstick or other pointed tool into ball to use as a handle.
- Tear tissue paper into small rectangles (do not cut).
- Using paintbrush, spread glue on portion of ball. Place torn tissue squares on glue; cover with more glue. Continue, overlapping edges of tissue, until entire ball is covered. Let dry.
- Remove chopstick. Following instructions in Step 3, cover hole with tissue paper.
- Using gold markers, draw simple, repetitive designs on ball. Models shown include swirls, stars and dots.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow. For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.
If you like this project, we also suggest: