Gold Star Angel Ornament
Looking for Christmas angel craft patterns? Try this gold star angel ornament! This handpainted angel Christmas ornament is simple to make, and it'll look great on your tree.
- Craft Twinkles
- DCT1 - Crystal
- DCT3 - Gold
- Americana Acrylics
- DAO1 - Snow (Titanium) White
- DAO67 - Lamp (Ebony) Black
- DAO78 - Flesh Tone (semi-opaque)
- DA184 - French Vanilla
- DA292 - Coral Blush
- Dazzling Metallics
- DA263 - Splendid Gold
- Aleene's Fast Grab Tacky Glue
- Black extra fine tip marker
- 1/2" flat brush
- Emery board
- Water container
- Wax paper
- Paper towel
- 6" of narrow gold ribbon
- 8" of wire
- Two extra extra large wood hearts, Woodsies
- Two extra extra large and two medium wood teardrops, Woodsies
- Two large and two small wood circles, Woodsies
- One large and two small wood ovals, Woodsies
- Ten small wood stars, Woodsies
- Paint wood pieces as follows: Extra large teardrops, medium teardrops, and extra large hearts, Snow White; large oval and stars, French Vanilla; small ovals, one large circle, and two small circles, Flesh Tone.
- Let all dry. Re-paint front of large oval Splendid Gold, Snow White pieces with Crystal Craft Twinkles, and stars with Gold Craft Twinkles.
- Paint hair French Vanilla on large circle. Using end of brush handle, make two Coral Blush dots for cheeks and two Lamp Black dots for eyes. Let dry. Use toothpick to make small Snow White dots on eyes and cheeks. Draw mouth with marker.
- Glue heart wings and small oval feet onto back of one large teardrop. Glue second large teardrop on top. (Wings and feet will be sandwiched between two teardrops.)
- Glue head at top of teardrop body. Glue Splendid Gold oval behind head at top for halo.
- Glue small teardrop arms to front. Glue one small circle behind end of each arm for hands.
- Curve wire; glue two stars together on either side of wire, sandwiching wire between. Glue ends of the wire to back of angel wings.
- Glue remaining two stars to front.
- Paint edges of wood pieces first, then place on wax paper.
- Paint both sides of each piece before assembling.