Pretty Poinsettia DIY Christmas Card
Learn how to make a Pretty Poinsettia DIY Christmas Card this season. This lovely design features black Deco Foil for your stamped sentiment. Wish loved ones a very Merry Christmas! This design is bright and fun and perfect if you're celebrating Christmas in July. The colorful flecks in the background are the perfect finishing touch, and the colorful leaves and poinsettia petals just pop off the page! Celebrate the holiday with a DIY Christmas card that is completely unique to you. This card is nothing short of delightfully cheery.
Be sure to ENTER TO WIN the Gina K. Designs Holly Jolly and Fancy Foil Bundle to use for making this project! Leave a comment on this page and you will receive a bonus entry. Plus, don't miss the grand prize giveaway including one of each prize featured in the 12 Days of Christmas in July!
Project TypeMake a Project
- Black Deco Foil
- Gina K Designs Stamp-n-Foil Holly Jolly Stamp Set
- Gina K Designs Stamp-n-Foil Holly Jolly Die Set
- Gina K Designs Stamp-n-Foil Holly Jolly Detail Sheets
- Gina K Designs Premium Cardstock in Luxury White
- Gina K Designs Permanent Adhesive Dot Runner
- iCraft 3-D Foam Squares
- Gina K Designs Inks (Sweet Corn, Peach Bellini, Tomato Soup, Red Hot, Jelly Bean Green & Asparagus)
- Tonic Studios Glitter Pen
- Tonic Studios Morning Dew Nuvo Drops
- Distress Inks (Lucky Clover & Tumbled Glass)
- Distress Paint (Black Soot & Picket Fence)
- Cream Snowflake Sequins
Start by stamping the Stamp-n-Foil Images onto the Stamp-n-Foil Papers. Use several Gina K Design Inks to create a multi-colored poinsettia: Peach Bellini, Tomato Soup and Red Hot for the Flower, and Jelly Bean Green and Asparagus for the leaves.
Used Deco Foil in Black to foil the poinsettias. Next, take the coordinating dies to die cut them out. Create 3 for the project.
In order to make the background one layer, stamp the pine branch image using a couple Gina K Designs inks in Jelly Bean Green and Asparagus and some Lucky Clover Distress Ink. Add some double stamping just to create a little more dimension. Then ink the background with some Tumbled Glass Distress Ink, just to make the pine branches and poinsettias POP off the card front.
Stamp and emboss the sentiment and then add some Black Soot and Picket Fence paint splatters. After the paint splatters are dry, add some water droplets to add texture and depth to the pine branches.
Stamped the poinsettia centers using some Gina K Designs Sweet Corn Ink and then add some Tonic Studios Glitter Pen to the poinsettia leaves and some Nuvo Drops over the dots to add some dimension. Then adhere some of the iCraft 3-D Foam Squares to the back of the poinsettias and adhere them to the card.
For even more sparkle, adhere some cream snowflake sequins from your stash. Add some Tonic Studios Nuvo Drops to the center of the snowflake sequins too, just to tie it all together. Use the new Gina K Designs Permanent Adhesive Dot Runner to adhere the card panel to the Gina K Designs premium cardstock in Luxury White A2 cardbase.
- There is a maximum of one extra entry per person. The extra entry will be based upon a comment left on this post. Duplicate comments are not tallied.
- The winner will be selected at random from the comments on this page and the entries on the contest page.
- The winner will be contacted on the morning of August 1st, 2019.
- Email Address provided in their account (please do NOT leave your email address in the comments--you already provided it when you created your account)
- You have until July 31st, 2019 at 11:59pm EST to leave your comment on this post. Comments posted after that will not be counted.
- Contest open to anyone 18+ in US and/or Canada. Excludes Quebec and Puerto Rico.
What is your favorite product to use for making cards?
Answer below to receive an extra entry to the contest!