Romantic Paper Wrapped Candle
Wrap fragrant pillar candles in homemade paper from Arnold Grummer's Paper Making Kits and Suppliesfor a romantic look. Brass hearts add extra romantic appeal. You can vary the look of the paper for different occasions.
- Arnold Grummer's Heart & Flowers Ceramic Casting Mold
- Arnold Grummer's Papermill Complete Kit
- Arnold Grummer's Angel Wings: Multi Color Mix
- Arnold Grummer's Flame Free for Paper Crafts
- Arnold Grummer's Cotton Linter Casting Squares: 2 oz package
- Wastepaper to recycle: pink, white
- Craft glue
- Large needle
- Purple metallic ribbon
- 3 small round brads
- 5 brass heart brads
- Pillar candle with concave top
- Follow the instructions in any Arnold Grummer paper making set to make one sheet each of white and pink handmade paper. For botanical look: remove seeds from 1 to 2 Angel Wing petals; add to pulp in blender for last few seconds of blending.
- Make lines on handmade sheets using a ruler and fine paintbrush dipped in water. Tear along the wet lines to make 'torn edge' pieces in these sizes: white - 2 1/2" x 8 1/2" and 3 1/2" x 3 1/2"; pink - 3" x 3".
- Follow directions on Arnold Grummer's Cotton Linter Casting Squares to create heart paper cast. Gently tear excess paper from heart cast to leave a 1/4" torn edge border around image.
- Use craft glue to attach strip of handmade paper around candle, 1/2" up form the bottom of candle. There will be a gap, but the paper cast will cover the gap between ends of the strip.
- Wrap metallic ribbon around the handmade paper strip several times. Secure with craft glue.
- Layer and attach white and pink torn edge paper squares, and paper cast as shown.
- Use a needle to poke holes at top right, bottom right, and bottom left of casting on candle. Insert small round brass brads into holes. Poke four holes around the strip of paper and insert heart brads.
- Attach a ribbon bow to the top left corner. Cut off brad prongs from the remaining heart and secure to the center of the bow with craft glue.
Note: Never leave a burning candle unattended. Pillar candles with concave tops normally do not drip. To prevent wax from dripping, refrigerate candle 1 to 2 hours before burning and keep lit for only 1 to 2 hours at a time. Use Arnold Grummer's FLAME FREE for PAPER CRAFTS on any paper candle wrap used in a display at a restaurant or hall.