Feather Wedding Flower Cone
This feathered flower cone is lovely DIY wedding decor or decoration for a bridal or wedding shower. This wedding craft project perfectly matches the Feather Wedding Topiary.
DecoArt Products Required
- DBL1502-B - Script Liner 2
- DBF2575-B - Flat 3/4"
No-Prep Metal Paint
- DMP02 - Ivory
- DMP09 - Strawberry Shake
- DMP27 - Sage Green
- 1" flat brush
- White feather boa
- Decorative white floral silk roses
- Water container
- Palette or plastic plate
- Paper towels
- Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks or other adhesive
- Metal hanging cone
1. Clean metal cone with vinegar and rinse well with water. Allow to air dry before painting.
2. Basecoat entire piece Ivory, using 1" flat brush. Allow paint to dry.
3. Paint any exposed inside area of cone Strawberry Shake.
4. Refer to photo for stripe placement: Paint 1" Strawberry Shake stripe along cone opening.
5. With script liner brush, paint thin Sage Green stripe about 1" down from cone opening. wrapping stripe around cone. With 3/4" flat brush, paint 1" thick Sage Green stripe about thin Sage Green stripe.
6. Repeat step 5 using Strawberry Shake. Repeat this process one final time with Sage Green, making slightly smaller, final stripe. Let paint dry thoroughly.
7. Trim off strip of feather boa to fit around front opening of cone. Use hot glue or an adhesive of choice to attach.
8. Pluck one of white floral silk roses. Use hot glue or other adhesive to glue rose to center of feather boa at cone front.
Read NextHow to Make Tulle Flowers