Vintage Design Workshop
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Vintage Design Workshop: Knitting Techniques for Modern Style
By Geraldine Warner
Gifted by Interweave Press
Reviewed by Melissa Conner, Editor of FaveCrafts.com
Grab your needles and take a little trip back to the good old days...to a time when high collars and poofy sleeves were all the rage...when buttons and patterns turned any sweater from drab to fab and when colorful cozy sweaters were great for both teenagers and adults alike.
Divided into two sections, Vintage Design Workshop teaches readers how to update any vintage pattern to accommodate modern sizes. With helpful suggestions on how to shoose substitutes for yarns that are out of production and how to read vintage knit patterns, this book is a fanastic lesson in learning the well-loved patterns of yesteryear.
While the first section covers the helpful tips and suggestions, the second section deomonstrates how to adapt modern patterns to create unique vintage designs. Learn how to create a vintage silhouette, find helpful tips on how to mix and match sleeves, necklines, or collars to the pattern of your choice, and get access to awesome vintage charts that give you what you need to create adorable Fair Isle designs, cute cherries, and other 50's-inspired motifs that are great for sweaters, towels, blankets, and more.
With beautiful full-color photography and plenty of helpful tips and suggestions to help you along the way, Vintage Design Workshop is a great collection of styles and techniques for the modern knitter. These may be your grandma's patterns, but they have a whole new attitude!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Jessica Palmer's Tangle Magic, Tangle Bay and Tangle Wood Coloring Books Review
- 99 Cross Stitch Luvable Pets
- Crazy Cool Duct Tape Projects
- Card Making with Cricut
- A Beginner's Guide to Chalk Painting
- Anna Maria's Needleworks Notebook
- Dr. Knit's Curious Creatures Book Review
- How to Make 100 Paper Flowers
- Beading In No Time
- Creative Faces Adult Coloring Book Review
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Heidi Gustad
- 16 Free Knitted Slipper Patterns + Knit Slippers for Christmas
- Crochet Ripple Afghan Troubleshooting Guide
- Daisy Pom Pom Mandala
- Festive Sparkle Star Mandala
- Pine Cone Christmas Trees for Kids
- Recycled Christmas Cards
- Last Minute Christmas Decor Redo
- How To Make Realistic Fake "Raw Cotton" Branches
- How to Subscribe and Unsubscribe from Newsletters